- advertisement -

Its been a while

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by otwellfamilyx4, Oct 20, 2010.

1. otwellfamilyx4

otwellfamilyx4 Approved members

Its been a while since I have been in the forums.
    My son Colton is 13, he was dx'd at age 2 in 2000.
    I also have a daughter, who so far, does not have diabetes.
    She's had blood drawn for the TrialNet study and so far,
    each time its been negative.

2. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Welcome back....I am glad that your daughter does not have diabetes.

3. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Welcome back too!

4. nanalou

nanalou Approved members

Hi Lesley! It's Sean's mom

Hi Lesley, It's Sean's mom in CA. I just posted the newest thread as nanalou. Our grandson, age 8, we are told is in the "honeymoon". His fasting bg is 117, his a1c is 6.7 and his c peptide is .8. He is very very thin and tiny and hungry ALL of the time. He eats very very healthy too, so there is no reason for any of this other than diabetes. His mom (Sean's sister) gives him very little carbs and no sugar. She controls everything; he eats all organic. He plays soccer and holds his heart, as he says that it is pounding so hard. We are very worried about him. Jennie called Sean's friend endo/researcher, head of UCI Joslin Diabetes Clinic. He said that the pancreas is going but not time for insulin yet. I have a hard time dealing with him being hungry all the time. Sean thinks maybe a little insulin would help with the hunger and save the beta cells. Jennie is trying to get him into a ped endo, but this happened all the day before Thanksgiving. UCI MD says to test, watch and wait. I am not comfortable with this.