- advertisement -

It must be an old person thing.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by diamondback688, Jan 26, 2009.

1. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I need to vent a little.:D

It must be an old person thing. My mom, grandma, and I went out to lunch yesterday. We were waiting for our food and the conversation shifted to my other grandma who lives up in Michigan. She was in an accident three or so years ago. She was riding one of those Razor scooters and flipped oer the handlebars. Long story short, she needed brain surgery twice, and was just in the hospital again for a pulmonary embolism. She's back at home now.

Since she had those two brain surgerys, she hasn't been right. She cries at the drop of a hat, complains about black people and fat people, on and on and on. Well, she was talking to my mom on the phone last week and my mom was just checking up on her, making sure she was eating, stuff like that. My mom asked her what she was going to eat for dinner, and my grandma says, I kid you not, "There are lots of cookies in the kitchen".

My mom mentioned this part of the conversation to my other grandma and my other grandma says "She better be careful, she'll get diabeetus and die"

Notice the spelling of Diabetes in that sentance.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It really must be an old person thing. She has always said it that way.

After she said that, I just rolled my eyes and didn't bother explaining the difference. I've done it before, and it looks like it didn't sink in. *shrugs*

/end rant

2. NoName

NoName Approved members

That's okay, not only does my dad say Diabeetus, he also thinks that everyone diagnosed after birth has type 2 Diabetes. According to him, he knows so much more about Diabetes than me because his mother has type 2. "You have type 2 Diabeetus, and Chris has type 2 also, you guys were both diagnosed when you were teens"

"No dad, we have type 1, you can get it at any age"
    "SHUT UP, I KNOW MORE ABOUT DIABETES THAN YOU DO, MY MOM HAS TYPE 2, I'M OLDER AND SMARTER THAN YOU, DON'T ARGUE WITH ME"

I don't trust him with my D care. :p

Old people. Geez.

3. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Oh man, I'm sorry Ryan. It drives me insane too. I mean, really, how is it hard to pronounce. DIE-UH-BEET-EES. Seriously. I've also noticed that its only old people who do that. maybe its because of that old guy on the commercial who talks about getting "free diabeetus supplies".... :D

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

ugh, yeah, definitely an old people thing. my gran says diabeetus too, and it irritates me.

5. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

6. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

Haha I love those videos! But they make me laugh at actual Liberty commercials.

This one is my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pod4jIKT_kA&feature=related

7. ErictheFerret

ErictheFerret Approved members

My friends and I laugh our heads off when we hear this guy on TV. Seriously, what a loser. He looks like a walrus.

8. Rachel Erin

Rachel Erin Approved members

I'm so glad my parents/grandparents don't say Beetis.
    The only thing that annoys me is when my grandmother says "Diabeebees"; I was 5 when I was diagnosed and the doctor told me I had Diabetes and so I said "I have Diabeebees?"