- advertisement -

It is time to buy a new laptop when...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 24, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

It is time to buy a new laptop when more than one key on the keypad pops off and you have to put scotch tape on the letters to hold the key in place..My laptop is now 4 years old and the first key to pop off was the "T" then last week the "I" popped, and just this morning the"A" popped off..I now have scotch tape holding them all in place..

Of course last year my CD-W/DVD ROM drive failed and I bought an external DVD writer so that I can save my photos to CD's...

Other than all of this the computer works fine :rolleyes::eek::D

2. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

lol... I just need a new keyboard... well dh does. Half my letters are worn off so the keys are just plain black. I know where they are because I took typing years ago in high school. DH however has a time of it. LOL!

I'd say if you can pull off gettting a new laptop, popping keys is as good an excuse as any!

3. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

This happned at my brother's office this week

it seems that a couple of the techies in the dept had taken all the keys off this guy’s keyboard

and arranged them on his desk as the picture shows.

4. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Id take keys poping off any day.. my laptop works fine, great even.. BUT the part you plug the charger in to.. wont work.. SO MY battiery is dead and i cant do any thing with a dead battiery.. I still have some pictures on it that i have not moved to my external hard drive either.. ALL I NEED IS SOMEONE with a gateway ma3 notebook that they no longer use ( broke but can charge and they dont wnat it or can either just charge mine 1x so i can get my stuff off it!!!

5. KeltonsMom

Does your laptop have a battery that can be removed? My battery no longer takes a charge so I took it out and have it plugged in and use it in AC mode..

6. KeltonsMom

That is just SO WRONG!! I LOVE IT!!

7. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

That's really funny.:D:D

Sounds like it's time for a new laptop, Teddi. I love my new HP I got for Christmas. Only weighs four pounds with the battery.

8. KeltonsMom

I will have to save up for one..I did have the money saved up, but bought the Wii instead :rolleyes:

9. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Yes the battiery can be removed, but the problem is that it that the AC adapter part that you plug into is what is broken.. and its saudered to the mother board.. ( apparently some brilliat idea over at GATEWAY on ways to either make some one pay big bucks to fix or to buy a new laptop) I cant plug it in to the wall

10. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

lol. Kids at my school like to move the keys around on the keyboard. People get soooo confused!

11. KeltonsMom

I have a Gateway too :eek: so it is saudered to the motherboard?!? Oh boy, this is not good at all..