- advertisement -

It has been a year

Discussion in 'Grandparents' started by EmmasPapa, Aug 20, 2008.

1. EmmasPapa

EmmasPapa Guest

I just noticed that my first post here was a year ago last Saturday. How time flies.

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Time sure flies.

Are you different now that 1 year ago, you think? Or pretty much the same?
    Probably a silly question:eek:

3. EmmasPapa

EmmasPapa Guest

I'm pretty much the same person but with a much better understanding of this disease and its consequences. I will admit, however, that I've become a bit less optimistic with respect to those family members who seem unwilling to help with or even understand this disease. Perhaps I was a bit naive - particularly about grandparents - as I just can't imagine not wanting to do everything possible for my grandkids. I was encouraged by Ellen's posts concerning the enthusiasm of the many grandparents who attended the Friends for Life conference. I hope my family can attend the next one.

Interesting question. Why do you ask?

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I ask, because often we think we haven't changed much, but when we take a close look at ourselves, then we have. I know the person I was 1 year ago, heck even 6 months ago, is not the same as today. I think that's good.