- advertisement -

Issues with Omnipod Customer Service

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by WillowBean, Jul 6, 2009.

1. WillowBean

WillowBean Approved members

Have things changed with Omnipod CS lately? The last few times I have called I got new reps who were not very familiar D or Omnipod. They asked a ton of questions when I called in with bad pods ? did you use the pinch up method, what insulin to you use, when does your insulin expire, where was the pod, is that a fatty area ? these questions go on for about 5 minutes.

This time they refused to replace a pod because it lasted more then ? its expected life span. I then noticed that the box of pods I was using had an hour glass with the date 209-04. I asked about this and the rep had to talk to her manager. The rep came back and said the pods in that box were expired. The box doesn?t say anything about expiration dated it just has the hour glass icon. I asked how a consumer was supposed to know if the pods have an expiration date and she said I would have to call the reorder department! I asked to speak to her manager and she said he would have to call me back tomorrow.

Is anyone else having these problems with customer service? Do pods really expire and was I the only one who didn?t know that?

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Anything "sterile" has an expiration date.. even tape.

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

We haven't had any issues lately.
    THe extra questions never really bother me because they do not know me from anyone so asking those questions is proper in my mind.
    As for the expiration date, I do not know what to say. Everything sterile has a certain time frame that they are good for. The sterility of the product is guarenteed for that time period and after that, they do not know but with the batteries inside the pod, it might actually be a problem. let us know what you find out.
    Also, I am not sure what you meant by the refusal for pod replacement on the overextended pod?:confused: Do you mean it failed after it expired or was in its last 8 hours?
    Allene

4. Daniel's Mom 1993

Daniel's Mom 1993 Approved members

I think there are 2 dates on the box, the date of origin and the end date and I believe it also may have to do with battery life if the pod..

5. buggle

buggle Approved members

We haven't dealt with OmniPod yet, but I do know that when we call Abbott for the Navigator, CS *has* to ask an entire script of questions. They have to keep specific records for the FDA, so they have to go over info every single time that they already have in their file about each customer.

6. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

I called in bad pods before, and yes, they must go through all of those questions. The rep on the phone with me apologized before she started and explained they are required to record the answers to all of those questions. We haven't had any bad pods in several months, but they replaced them quickly and I haven't had any complaints.