- advertisement -

Is there anything really silly your kids want?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

The 64 box was "the bomb" because it had a built in sharpener in the back!

2. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Amanda asked for pretty shades of lipstick....(((??????))))) :)

3. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

As a follow up to to the 64 crayons story, one day in November of that school year, I came home really upset. When I didn't open up, Mom finally asked me what was wrong. I blurted out that I broke of the crayons that day at school and that I was really, really sorry. She hugged me and told me that if that was the worst thing I ever had to tell her, she'd be very, very proud of me. :eek:

4. kajumom

kajumom Approved members

My four year old wants blush, lipstick and a baby (to add to her 9 million others)
    My 7 year old wants a can of root beer (they have never had pop) and a rock tumbler
    My 10 year old dd wants backstage tickets to a joebro concert (uh no.) She is getting a microscope instead.
    We give coupons for behavior rewards etc. (like backwards meal, get out of time out free, tooth fairy money on the fly, you choose the meal, stay up late) Well she got smart and wants an entire book for Christmas.

Santa will deliver these gifts as they know there is know way mom would give them an entire coupon book or root beer (or another stinking doll!) :)

5. Tori's Mom

Tori's Mom Approved members

Tori asked for a mini frig for her room to keep her bottled water and juice packs in it for lows. Oh, and cheese sticks she said!!
    Best of all...dh found a small "old time" looking frig with the long silver pull handle to open the door in a shiny bright blue color that is nice and small and will fit great on a bedside stand. It's not even as big as a small dorm frig.
    Boy is her brother going to be jealous!!!

6. jules12

jules12 Approved members

My hubby gets coal in his stocking every year - it started when he wouldn't put up the outside christmas lights one year and the kids called him bah humbug - now we all have fun trying to find what unique kind of coal we can find to put in his stocking - this year we found the "chocolate" variety - he has had bubble gum, coal rocks then open with things inside, etc.

7. Mimi

Mimi Approved members

Amanda asked for a pen. Just a pen. Of course, this was after she asked for a computer and tv for her room. :rolleyes: She's getting TWO pens in her stocking! But no computer or tv.

Chloe asked for a dresser. What 8 year old asks for bedroom furniture? :confused:

I'd never heard of the Touch and Brush before this thread but I want one now. No more squished up toothpaste tube with the cap missing!!

8. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Phillip one year wanted a stuffed dinosaur. That was it. Took me ages to find one and in the end the only one I could get was pink with green spots, but he loved it. This year he has a list of Hot wheels cars he wants for his collection.

I don't think Shanaiah has ever had any really wierd requests. She wants a Nintendo DS this year. I won't allow games like that, and she needed a bike more, so she won't be getting it.