- advertisement -

Is there anything really silly your kids want?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Dec 21, 2009.

1. buggle

buggle Approved members

I remember seeing a kid on Johnny Carson who loved vacuums. He collected them, he filled his brain with any info he could find about vacuums and he just loved to vacuum. Now that's strange for a kid, I think.

2. MomOf2Boys-J.C.

MomOf2Boys-J.C. Approved members

Josiah has asked for a python for Christmas. Trust me, a lizard is pretty mild. Both of the boys really want a Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. :confused:

3. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

I am sorry, I just about peed my pants when I read this post! An alien? That's genius right there, he wanted to see exactly how far Santa would go.

4. shekov

shekov Approved members

My oldest dd (non D) wants a box of sugar cubes.

5. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Come up to NH, Live Free Or Die. We've got a store right in our town, they're having a bogo sale. Of course, it's illegal to transport them via MA into CT, so unless you want to fly over MA, that's the best you can do!

6. sooz

sooz Approved members

ok, hailey wants a REAL magic wand..anyone have a source for those?

she also wants a real puppy..again, not yet...:confused:

7. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

When Chell was 5, she wanted a Chinese water-bed. When Dalee was 3, she wanted a cardboard box, and sticks.

8. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

One of my nieces one year asked for a box of band aids, She loved band-aids.

9. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

I asked for Nancy Drew books, which is kind of odd for a 17yo, but I collect them and still love them. With my Christmas $$ from my grandma, I'm going to go to Icing and get some more headbands with huge flowers and bows on them :) I LOVE them :D! Bows are like my trademark, I'm rarely seen without one :D.

10. sooz

sooz Approved members

we found the cutest bandaids because our 3 yr old gd loves them..they are shaped like cupcakes!!:D

my friend's 3 yr old twins have been taught by their aunt to say they want money for their college fund for christmas!!:rolleyes:

11. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

My kids seem to be asking for a lump of coal :eek:. They haven't said that's what they want, but their behaviour is implying it :rolleyes:

12. twicker1

twicker1 Approved members

Brandon wants a headlamp. You know, the ones like hikers wear. DH has one that Brandon is not supposed to play with, but always does. I haven't gotten it yet, so it may not show up on Christmas this year.

13. Brynn

Brynn Approved members

My 23 year old sister is getting a doll house for Christmas. She has always wanted one, and this year is finally getting one. My mom got her one after my sister broke down crying "they (my brother and I) got private school and I never even got a doll house!) :rolleyes:
    Today, my mission was to go and find little miniatures to fit in the darn thing. I never want to do that again.

14. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Sarah wants a hula hoop.

15. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

One of my boys wanted a toy aligator, a toy giraffe and then some other small thing one year.....that was all he wanted.

Another one wanted toy street signs (actually not easy to find but I did find some) and a top to a toothpaste tube b/c his had dropped in the drain of the sink. Maybe he would have liked the Touch & Brush?!

16. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I really want to get the kids a Chi Pet and a Snuggie.

Kaleb wants some nice measuring cups.

17. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

There ain't nothing wrong with wanting measuring cups IMO :D :p! Those are my favorite thing that I got from Disney World LOL.

18. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I didn't know what a touch and brush was until Rella posted that link, at least I didn't recognize the name. My kids want that too---great idea!! See my post about not telling me until they are out or someone steals toothpaste!!

My kids have rather large lists, but last year things were pretty rough. Going to get a few things on the list, nothing too strange.

Looking for potty putty for the stockings and can't find it

19. sooz

sooz Approved members

lol Brynn, one of the funniest scenes that I love on tv was a program where Adam Carolla was negotiating with his father to buy his house so he could flip it..and he said "I didnt go to college so you didnt pay for that, and I never got arrested so you didnt pay for that..so give me a good price on your house.." lol :D:D:D

20. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

When I was starting 2nd grade, my mom bought me box of 64 crayons for school. My older brothers were who were 15 and 18 at the time were really torqued off because Mom never bought them 64 crayons. They complained for weeks about that. When Christmas morning came, they both found a box of 64 crayons and a coloring book in their stockings. They both colored pictures Christmas morning.