- advertisement -

Is there anything really silly your kids want?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Beach bum, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Is there anything really silly your kids want for Christmas or wanted for Hannukah?

Mine want (and are getting) the Touch and Brush.
    They are fascinated by it:D

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Knee high socks and suspenders. :eek: What am I raising??? An old man?:p

3. Denise

Denise Approved members

Cory wants a cb radio. :rolleyes:

4. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

My kids have been after that for a long time too.

Deacon wants the Precious Places Swan Palace :rolleyes: He is getting it. Sebastian is desperate for more transformers. I do not know how many he needs. He seems to own all of them. Alex and Hawke are being pretty reasonable.

--Sara

5. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

Hunter wants Tootsie Roll cologne. There is a company called Demeter that makes all of these fragrances that smell very much like the things they are named after. They have things like sawdust, playdough, bubble gum and a bunch of other candies. He has had the Tootsie Roll one before and it really does smell like a bag of Tootsie Rolls do when you open them. Hunter LOVES Tootsie Rolls and he says the girls like it too :)

Kylee wants socks. Colorful socks, socks with animals and designs, toe socks, just not plain ones. And a fish tank, but she wants me to plant it and make it fancy like the one Dakota has. She is getting that too, although it wont be planted right away because its hard to get plants in the winter.

Dakota wants a copy of The Odessy that hasnt been condensed. He was pretty specific about the one he wanted, it had to be translated by Robert Fitzgerald because apparently that is the closest one there is to the Greek one. I thought that was an odd request for a 16 year old. I bought in on Amazon and its not here yet, hopefully it will be today.

6. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

the touch and brush seems popular. my kids want it too.

7. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

Mine are getting the Touch and Brush, too. LOL

Charlie wants a glider airplane made of Balsa wood. Hopefully, the hobby shop will have something when I go there today.

8. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

My boys wanted "Ugly Christmas Sweaters". Then they checked my closet and found all my sweaters from the 80s and were ecstatic. Every day, I see one of them wearing something I haven't seen in ages. :rolleyes:

9. kyleesmom

My husband really wants to have an Ugly Sweater party next year. Im on the look out for a REALLY ugly one for him and I have a whole year to do it so I should be able to find him something good(or bad).

10. buggle

buggle Approved members

As long as she isn't requesting seersucker bermuda shorts and black wingtips to go with it, I think you're ok. :D

11. buggle

buggle Approved members

Is this what you guys are talking about?

https://www.buytouchnbrush.com/

I feel like I'm totally out of touch with the world without a TV.

It is funny that kids want that. :p

12. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Steven really wanted fireworks for Christmas but I told him that even Santa couldnt find them this time of year;)

13. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

Kaitlyn wants a box of Frosted Mini Wheats. Shes getting it :)

14. kyleesmom

LOL, I could have them for him in about 2 minutes. There is a fireworks shop a few blocks away from me. Buy one get one free too! Ive never actually been to it before, but I pass it every day on my way to work and the father of one of my students works there. I dont think they are legal to ship though, sorry. I know that probably breaks your heart ;)

15. kyleesmom

Kylee always asks for a giant beef stick, like the Hickory Farms ones. She gets one in her stocking every year.

16. Jacob'sDad

Jacob'sDad Approved members

Everything my kids want is really silly. My daughter wants a sock monkey, so I took one of my old worn out socks and...

17. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

A used sock monkey? Ehhhyewww... :rolleyes:

18. bisous

bisous Approved members

Um. DS1 is the king of unusual Christmas/birthday request. Two years ago all he wanted was a diamond. Yes, a diamond. What four year old asks for that? And to what purpose, mind you? (We ended up buying him a prism from the drugstore and he loved it!)

Last summer he made a list of five things he wanted, only one of which was halfway reasonable. The list:

1. A sharpie (um, no. 5 year olds don't get sharpies!)
    2. An alien (What?? Seriously??)
    3. A puppy (some day, kiddo. not now!)
    4. A roly poly car (okay???)
    5. A pokemon toy (ding, ding, ding! we can do that one!)

This year, he really wants a pet lizard. And I really don't want to get him a pet lizard...

19. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Oh, Come on!!! What boy doesn't want a lizard? You MUST get him the lizard!!!

20. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

One year one of mine asked for a cutting torch for her 3rd birthday. She knew just where to find it in the Montgomery Wards Catalogue, too. Long time ago.