- advertisement -

Is it normal ?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Midwestmomma, Mar 14, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Kelton has had D almost 6 years now, and I still find myself getting depressed over all the D crap that comes up at times..There is nothing easy about this disease, and it breaks our hearts that our children have to even go through this..

So, yeah, I think it is normal...

2. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

Definitely.
    It's been four years for us and I still have times that I get depressed about it all.
    big (((((hugs)))))

3. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Since Hailey's dx I have cycled through all of the different levels of grief. I go from anger to denial to depression to bargaining to acceptance and start all over again. I hope that some day I will be able to find peace and stop the cycle of grief but for now it does not appear that the cycle is going to end anytime soon. Right now I am in anger again. Anger is a very draining emotion and I hope that I am able to work through it soon. I seem to jump from one emotion to another with no real pattern. I am thankful every day that I have Lanae to talk to. I don't think I would ever have worked out of depression without her friendship.

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Amanda honey its perfectly normal. Ive been at this for 4 1/2 years and still have days that I really hate this sh**. I think of Steven dealing with it in the way he does and tell myself to just buck up and deal with it. It doesnt always work but usually. I did go talk to a therapist in the beginning. If the depression doesnt lift please think about talking to your doctor or a therapist. Theres nothing easy or fun about having a child with diabetes. We all understand.

5. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I still get blue from time to time..Tonight for example when I looked at the syringe container (Its a big one) and it was FULL..all those shots..and when I think about how she has been Type 1 now for more than half her life. But, I try to remember how far she has come and shes happy, and growing...that in itself outweighs the sad things. Please reach out to others..you can PM me anytime!! It will make you feel a lot better to reach out to someone who understands..and can relate.

6. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Thank you guys.

I have been having such a hard time to get things back under control after basketball is over....and then BAM!! he started having numerous lows.:confused::eek: And with some of his lows in the 60's and 50's...he has gotten really confused, couldn't walk or didn't know what to do with water to wash hands or has gotten mean and defiant.

Ya know....when Tresston was Dx..It would have been nice for someone at the hospital to inform me....that life will NEVER be back to the same EVER again. I mean...a little notice would have been good. :(

I think my biggest problem lately is with poking his sore, hole filled fingers at night. I cried the other night when it was time to check him....and DH finally had to do it.:( And seeing how he acts with lows lately, makes we want to throw something REALLY big at whatever....

I know this is just another phase of being a D parent, and I know it will go away....but it will only evolve into another phase....

Tress seams to be doing Ok with all the D sh**, as can be expected. It is just me for now......