- advertisement -

Is it me or the test strips?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by lcblk27, Nov 12, 2011.

1. lcblk27

lcblk27 Approved members

Anyone else that uses a contour meter have trouble with the test strips not wicking up the blood like they should?

Im getting so frusterated, it feels like I throw away a test strip almost every time I test because not enough blood gets to the meter and I get an error message. We've been doing this since July. I can get a drop of blood that *should* be plenty but it doesnt wick the blood quick enough and error. Today I had at least 3 strips that I had to toss becuase they didnt get enough blood. Those things are not cheap!!

So, Im wondering if its just me or if anyone else seems to get a lot of E-2 Errors with this meter.

2. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

We love the Contour products, but did have an issue with one vial of them a year ago. I insisted there was something wrong with the vial (as the customer service rep asked all those questions aimed at determining we did something wrong) and they sent me a new box.

Bayer did a recall of the 10 and 25 strip size, but not the 50's.

http://diabeticare.info/diabetes/di...all-of-diabetes-test-strips-comes-to-the-u-s/