- advertisement -

Interesting talk with an endo

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tiffanie1717, Jul 21, 2009.

1. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

So I had to talk to the on-call endo tonight. Kylie was having very high numbers and 0.6 ketones. So she tells me what to do to fix that. Then she asks what sites I use. I told her Sure-T. She said that sure-t's were designed for babies and very small children only and she is too old for them now.

I guess I am confused. I have heard of many children on here and older people, too, that use sure-t's. Also the pump rep and my CDE (and regulary endo) never said a word about age and using sure-ts. Why is she saying that Kylie is too old for them?

2. Ali

Ali Approved members

I do not know? I am an adult and use the shortest sure t. I do make sure it is well attached. I tape over. I am thin with little fat. I do not have problems, in fact they work better than the Quick Sets for me. :cwds:Ali

3. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

4. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

I would listen to your regular endo. They've at least seen your dd. The other one only knows what you've told them over the phone.

5. mph

mph Approved members

Seems "odd":confused:. Our CDE wears them:).
    Call up Medtronic and ask them what age range, if any, they are best suited for.;)

6. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I use the shortest length, and I'm 16. :D They're the only set I've tried (I've tried quick-sets, sils and sure-Ts) that doesn't kink frequently. Also, I'm allergic to teflon, so the other sets caused me quite a lot of irritation.

7. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

I'm a little late here, but I think what happened was that MM envisioned it to be a set for small children, and were surprised to find that adults used them, too. Maybe they thought adults wouldn't like a steel set? MM has gotten the message now, though.

I'm allergic to Teflon also, but I still don't think I'd use anything else.

8. Denise

Denise Approved members

Well a MM rep told me to use sure t's on Molly and she's 9!! My pump trainer also recommended it. Problem is, Molly doesn't like them! :rolleyes:

9. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

maybe im wrong but i thought the whole idea for the sure t's was for ANYONE who a was allergic to the teflon and or b needed a set that offered that short of a canula ...who cares as long as they work for you and i cant see why that would be causing the problems yes maybe with one that went bad or even at most a bad lot but not using them all togeather