- advertisement -

Insurance

Discussion in 'Grandparents' started by janeirene, Aug 4, 2008.

1. janeirene

janeirene Approved members

Good Morning, I am grandmom to Ashley dx/d 9/13/2001 at the age of 4 years. She is doing beautifully and has just gotten on the pump in April, 2008. She loves it. Ashley just got back from Camp Nanjemoy, on the Potomac River this past week. She loves it, and wants to do 2 weeks the next year. I told her to smooze up to her PopPop....I am certain he will spring for another week! I have been receiving emails at home about some not having insurance. I did come across an article or maybe it was from this website...about a place to help those. So her is the link for those who may not have insurance...I have no idea what it entails, as Ashley's mom has a good policly with the state of Maryland. http://www.togetherrxaccess.com/Tx/jsp/home.jsp. I do hope that it may help some out there who may need it. God bless our children.....they are the leaders of the future!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I checked it out, but it doesn't have any insulin on the list.

3. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

There may not be insulin on the list, but it does list some meters and strips - I saw the Freestyle and Flash units and the corresponding strips. That could be useful (perhaps) to some who don't have insurance.

The other resource that has been very useful to those without insurance (or with large co-pays) is the supplemental plan for children with chronic health conditions administered by the state dept. of health and welfare. There are income limitations, but definitely worth looking at.

4. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

It doesn't have novolog or humalog, but it does have lantus :)