- advertisement -

insurance problems..problems with pump

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sweetgirl1128, May 19, 2011.

1. sweetgirl1128

sweetgirl1128 New Member

Ok. Firstour doc won't do a prior auth for strips so were stuck paying outta pocket for 2 months. Anyone else have this problem? We've been on pump for a few months and have had nothing but problems. Any advice on pumps? We have the accu check spirit. Thanks

2. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

First I would recommend finding a new endo ASAP! If your doctor who should be working with you is not willing to discuss things for the benefit of the patient then find a new doctor.
    What sort of problems are you having with your pump? If you go into some detail that might help but again problem should be discussed with your endo and if they are not willing to help what about a sales rep for the pump itself?
    Good luck!

3. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Hello and welcome to CWD. I agree wth Allene. If your doctor will not work with you then it is time to find another doctor. Your doctor should be your advocate. Clearly he is not. Secondly can you explain what kind of problems you are having regarding your pump or pumping. We are glad to have you here by the way.

4. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

Also agree. Find a new doctor. That's just complete professional laziness. Does it take time yes is it something they should be doing yes. My doctor does as standard practice for all the patients in his pediatric endo group.