- advertisement -

Insurance challenges

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by Jeff, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

This forum is for discussions focusing on insurance issues -- reimbursement for diabetes care products, health insurance coverage, etc.

2. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

Thanks, Jeff. As a self employed family, we are always watching our options!

3. Paige's Dad

Paige's Dad Approved members

Thank you Jeff

Rick and I have requested this topic be added to assist everyone with their battles with insurance denials. There has been a lot of problems with denials for CGMS coverage lately and some of you are aware of Rick's great effort to help us compose appeal letters.

Hopefully, this will be a place for people to ask and get answers to questions pertaining to insurance coverage and appeals procedures and progress.

This afternoon, I sent off Paige's appeal letter for her CGMS, and when the process is complete, I will compile all information in a series of jpeg files that can be sent to anyone that requests them and can be used as you see fit in your own battles. If it doesn't get strung out too long, I might post everything here.

I personally think it's a shame that we provide letters of medical necessity from our endo's and that isn't enough "proof" that our children need this.

Good luck to all that are in this battle. Let's go to work and show these insurance companies that our kids ARE important and they NEED these devices.

Again, thank you Jeff, we appreciate what you and your family do for us.
    :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  4. momtojess

momtojess Approved members

What a great forum. I am sure this will be benefical for alot of people

5. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I think its a great idea - can we get all the insurance threads from Type 1 Parents moved over here so we can see them easily in one place - they get lost so fast in the numerous threads in that forum!

6. Val

Val Approved members

great idea! I will be anxiously watching, as we are denied yet again!

7. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

Still trying to get yet more letters written up for sending to the insurance company for our denial and I found out on Friday that our Endo will be out of the office until March.:eek: So no help from that end until he gets back.
    I like writing and speaknig though so come Tuesday we start again.
    GRRRRRR.:p