- advertisement -

Insulin supplies through mail order

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ChocolateLover, May 20, 2013.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

We have gotten insulin through pick up window on 90 day supply basis.

Does anyone receive insulin through mail order? We did it back in 2006 and time and time again they would leave it at the door with no prior notice.

Thanks for your time,

Jen

2. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I do, but I get it delivered to my job. That way, I know it's been received and I can put it in the fridge right away.

3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

We've always had insulin delivered by Express Scripts. Always comes with freezer packs in an insulated Styrofoam box and we've never had a problem!

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We get ours through OptumRx. We received an email receipt that told us when it would be shipped and a tracking number. It arrived the next day and was in a cooler with about 5 ice packs.

We have no choice but to use mail order for all scrips that require continual refill. We've only had a problem once and the situation was rectified immediately.

5. Shopgirl2091

Shopgirl2091 Approved members

Our insurance only allows us to get a 3 month supply if we order it through them, so we get it through the mail from them. They send it in styrofoam with ice packs so we have never had a problem.

6. 3kidlets

3kidlets Approved members

We have always gotten ours thru Medco now Express Scripts. We get 3 months at a time. Never had an issue. Even in the summer. They use an insulated bag and ice packs which I reuse for school lunches. ;). Haven't had to buy ice packs in 3 years.

7. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

We have to use Caremark for an recurring prescriptions. Haven't ever had any problems even in summer. They email when it's shipped and it usually takes 2 days.

8. SandiT

SandiT Approved members

We use CVS and they mail it to us. It's always still cold when we get to it. They do leave it at the door, though; so if that alone is uncomfortable for you, then I believe you can ask that they be delivered with signature only or on a schedule. I'm not positive because I've not bothered to ask, but it's standard practice for it to be allowed.

9. Joretta

Joretta Approved members

We did and it was always barely cold by the time we came home in the Florida heat. I won't do it again.

10. tammy82

tammy82 Approved members

weve been mail ordering since the beginning and never had a problem. They pack in the heavy duty ice packs and luckily Im usually home as they deliver sometimes later in the afternoon or early evening.

11. Mish

Mish Approved members

We get it through express scripts too, it's always nicely cold. My problem is that I've received actual insulin boxes all mangled and ripped. I've sent a few back because I really have no idea if the vials have been opened and recapped or not. I'm getting more and more disgusted. In my last order of 8 vials of insulin 4 had ripped boxes.