- advertisement -

Insulin needs

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mommyofAx4, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mommyofAx4

mommyofAx4 Approved members

Has anyone see insulin needs go down but even after the honeymoon is over i can see needing less insulin after the dx because honeymoon but my dd insulin needs are going down iam not complaing but just curious to see how often this happens

2. cassie

cassie Approved members

We have had Megan's insulin dose go down, we never really had a honey moon so I do not know what that is like.

A few months ago she was only on 4 lantus (down from 6), now she's on 7. Our short acting insulin goes up and down often but not by as much as the lantus did.

3. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Funny you should mention that...

Aaron's basal needs have been going down dramatically just this month especially at night -- this after three years of steady increases. This summer he was taking .9 through the night, we now have him down to .6 from 10 to 2:30 and he is still dropping too much.

I've seen minor decreases before, but nothing like this. I'm thinking maybe he's stopped growing? (Or maybe we'll just get it right, and he'll start shooting up high at night and we'll have to put everything back where it was before!)