- advertisement -

Insulin Allergies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard157, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Richard157

Richard157 Approved members

Insulin Allergies do exist, but are rare. They were much more common when the insulin we used came from the bodies of pigs and cows. I have two online friends who have insulin allergies. A few years ago one of them posted her problem on a diabetes website and some members there did not believe her. She left the group and has never posted her problem again. We should never reject another person's message, just because we are unfamiliar with it. I want to spread the word that these allergies do exist, and there are ways of dealing with the problem. See the article below presented by the Joslin Diabetes Center.

Insulin Allergies | Joslin Diabetes Center Blog

2. Chippy28

Chippy28 Approved members

Richard, Thanks so much for posting this. As someone who has suffered from an insulin allergy for the past 5 years now and has had multiple medical professionals (endos, internist, allergist, and dermatologist) basically tell me they have no idea what to do, it is nice to know that I am not completely alone in dealing with this. :)