- advertisement -

Inset Sites & Tubes

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by zakksmom, Feb 13, 2012.

1. zakksmom

zakksmom Approved members

I was just talking to my DS about alternative sites- He uses the MM and Mios. He has been rotating and using his stomach and hip area for the last 2 years.

I didn't want to hi-jack another thread that posted her DD had just happily used her thigh but we are curious as to how that works out in regards to the inset tube and using the rest room, changing clothes, ect..

He hates having to disconnect but that's apparently how he is dealing with it now- Obviously there's only so much real estate to use so any input would be greatly appreciated!!!

2. Michelle'sMom

Michelle'sMom Approved members

My dd runs the tubing inside her underwear. She's never had a problem with pulling out a leg site.

3. mocha

mocha Approved members

I run the tubing between my underwear and me. It works out great. If the site is down far enough on the leg, you may want to consider longer tubing, or you can just take extra care in the rest room and not let pants hit the floor, at least, if you keep the pump in pants pockets.