- advertisement -

Infusion Site??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by munchkingirl, Dec 16, 2005.

1. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Hey, I'm curious, has anyone had the experience where the infusion site hurts (for insulin pumpers) ? I put it in an "ok" place when I changed it, just under my ribs, there is no bone being touched or anything, but it hurts to press on the actual site itself. I use a 9mm set instead of a 6mm set and I'm really thin (5' 1" 110) and fairly muscular, could it be that the set is too long?

Beth

2. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

You might have it in some muscle. I went through a phase a while ago when I had hardly any fat on my stomach, and had to avoid the front, sticking with the more fattly sides. :) I'm fairly muscular also, and have to be careful where I put it, just because of the pain.

Hope that helps!

3. Nana

Nana Approved members

It happenes to me sometimes and I usually just change the set and I don't wait 3-4 days... I don't really know why that happens, but in my case it can't be because of too little fat ;)

4. munchkingirl

munchkingirl Approved members

Cool, thanks guys. I was kinda concerned at first, but I just left it in anyways, its not really a problem. It's good to know that I'm not the only one or that it isn't too bad. Thanks again!

5. chappy

chappy New Member

I had that problem also. It was especially sensitive the first day I changed the set. I just started using the 6mm and it is much better.

6. kitty

kitty Approved members

I use a pump to deliver medicine into me to reduce spasticity in my legs (its similar to an insulin pump).
    I have found that if I use the fattiest part of my belly to insert the infusion stuff, it doesn't hurt at all. I have also heard of some people using their hips as a site, but this interfere's with transfers out of my wheelchair.

You might have a "internal bruise", and that might be what's causing the soreness, espeically if you use the same spot over and over.

Jessie:)