- advertisement -

infusion set question[from teen]

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by LadyBug, Jan 3, 2011.

1. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

hey. i'm at my ropes end, and i thought i'd sneak over here to parents and see if ya'll can help....
    i use the inset 23inch 6mm infusion sets, and they are hurting while i'm wearing them, because i lost 15 pounds in the last year and i don't have enough fat. is there anything smaller/shorter/etc that i could try?

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

have you ever tried an angled set? Inset 30's, or Comfort short for animas (they're both the same set, made by the same company, but the insets have the built in applicator that your'e used to. They have longer cannula that you're using now BUT because they are angled you can actually inset them at a shallower depth. They're great for lean people. i'd recommend the comfort shorts though as you can then angle them manually for more options. :)

3. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

My daughter is very thin the only sites that work for her are the Silhouette's also on a angle. She hasnt had a problem with those, not like the others we have tried.

4. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Ever try the steel sets? DH and I both tried all the sets before choosing one for Ava and I was really surprised that the contact detach was the most comfortable. 6mm straight in.

Ava has always been lean. Good luck.

5. LJM

LJM Approved members

A lot of the thinner people are started on Inset 30s or other angled sets.

6. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Our daughter has NO fat and we use the Inset 30's and Comfort Shorts. She has sites on her thighs and love handles.

7. blbrocky

blbrocky Approved members

My son is very thin and uses the Silhouettes. He tried the Sure T but could feel those.

8. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

We've having similar issues as the OP, so this is a timely thread. I just ordered samples of both Inset 30's and Comfort Shorts, I'm curious why you use both, what is the advantage/disadvantage of either/both? Can she insert her own Comfort shorts?