- advertisement -

in our basement...

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Denise, May 25, 2011.

1. Denise

Denise Approved members

Sirens went off ...we are sitting in the basement with our pets..waiting out the storm. We are not messing around after the last weeks events. A town just 20 miles west of us got hit by a tornado this evening. I am sooo done. I likke a good storm but when the weatherman says violent tornadoes possible..I am not messing around

2. Alex's Dad

Alex's Dad Approved members

Good luck , sorry to hear that, I hope everything goes smooth.

3. suzyr

suzyr Approved members

Hope the weather passes quickly without any damage. Sorry to hear about the tornado so close to you.
    Stay safe

4. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

I am a hoosier too, you are super smart to get down in the basement. Weather.com lets you check the satellite - we do that now to see if it is going past, that is, IF we still have cable during a storm!! The kids usually look at it like an adventure, I know I used to.

5. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Are you okay? Has the storm passed?

6. momtoirishtwins

momtoirishtwins Approved members

Praying so hard for your safety!

7. Denise

Denise Approved members

We are fine. Luckily the most we got was wind and a lot of lightning but with a tornado hitting west of us a few hours before, we were not going to mess around with deciding if we needed to go to the basement or not. Momtoirishtwins...believe it or not you were in my thoughts about 15 minutes before the sirens went off. I went to our diabetes cabinet and pulled some things and put it in her backpack she carries everywhere. Extra strips, site changes, insulin, etc. I wanted enough to get us thru a few days just in case. I looked around when the sirens went off and wondered if I should grab everyone's shoes as we went down to the basement so we didn't have to worry about that. We didn't though, we had blankets and that was about it. Thanks to your post, I was able to think a few things through before the sirens went off.

It's been a tough spring so far here in the Midwest...please heed warnings and sirens.

8. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

This May has really been a terrible month for severe weather. I cannot remember a May that was quite as bad. We get them too but nowhere as frequent as in your area.

Hang in there.