- advertisement -

Important notice from Animus

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mapoe4, Mar 8, 2012.

1. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

I have just received thru UPS a notice from Animus about the One touch Ping Pump
    This is just a summary of the letter.
    It says that we need to check the time and date settings because of the leap year. They could be incorrect resulting in the wrong basal and bolus times.
    This could have resulted in unexpected high or low BG's.

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

Interesting - anyone notice a problem if they've had a chance to check?

3. bluedevils_fan

bluedevils_fan Approved members

Our pump skipped to March 1st. I caught it the next day when I changed his battery. Now we are having a problem with it showing the time as an hour earlier than it really is. We keep fixing it but it keeps reverting back to the earlier time.

Can't figure it out. We've had the same pump for approximately three years and I've never seen it do this before. It's also losing all date/time settings whenever we change the battery and I don't think it used to do that. Guess it's time to call Animas.

4. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

John has been running a little high the last few days I wasn't sure why . Now i am beginning to wonder. He is at school and don't want to take him out early. He will be home in a little bit so I will check it then.
    Now to make sure I remember to change it again this weekend

5. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

I would think it would have the most impact on settings if you have a program for weekends or different days of the week. Sheesh! :(

6. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Hmmm, might explain why SOphie has been really high for the last handful of days. Gonna check her when she gets home from school.

7. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

I got it today, too. I didn't even think about leap day causing problems.

8. mocha

mocha Approved members

For those who haven't received it, here is a pdf conveying the information.

9. zoomom456

zoomom456 Approved members

I got the letter today as well. William has had 3 days in a row of perfect numbers and only 1 low, maybe I need to check into this:p

10. swellman

swellman Approved members

I haven't checked the Dexcom or the OmniPod for either ...

11. cynth873

cynth873 Approved members

I just checked David's ping and it has the correct date and time.

12. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Same here - dates and time is just fine. We had it replaced 18 months ago, so I wonder if it's an issue with older pumps.

13. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Door bell just rang an hour ago with the same notice. At first I thought it had to do with the spring forward time change this weekend. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks on the pump...so DDs numbers are still a bit crazy. We don't have any weekend basal rates set, so I can't really say if the leap year date has been an issue. I know I spoke with a friend of mine whose son has the same pump she said when I spring the the pump forward by an hour on Saturday night that I need to make sure I do it when there is no IOB and to make sure it is during a time where her basal rate will be steady for a period of time. Any other advice??

14. sheila1128

sheila1128 Approved members

My guy is in the process of approval for his pump. We are almost there and my heart dropped to my knees when I got a call from the durable medical company saying that all animas shipments were on hold. I didn't panic though, I called the rep and she said that it is an issue with the leap year date. It hasn't affected everyone. Their software engineers are working on the problem. She expects that it will not take long for it to be resolved.

15. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I got it this afternoon also but hannas pump was fine, date/time correct. But the envelope freaked me out.

16. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

The issue is any changes made on the 29th would result in the time being off. I guess my son made no changes on the 29th, for his pump was fine.

17. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

We received the letter too.

No problems with our pump settings, whew!

18. Rcj176

Rcj176 Approved members

We received the UPS package too. I thought of how expensive it must have been to send every Animas pump wearer this one sheet of paper. Dh said that UPS is instant confirmation of arrival though.