- advertisement -

I'm so sad right now!! :(

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by tiffanie1717, Feb 18, 2009.

1. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Tonight my middle son, Travis, said that he has been going to the bathroom a lot. Long story short - I checked him 4 times , different fingers and toes. We got "hi" 3 times and 500 once! :( He does not have ketones yet so the doctor said we can be admitted in the morning.

I am so sad. My heart is breaking. I just can't believe this is happening. I have looked at signatures and seen families with 2 siblings with D and I was so afraid it would happen. I just don't want to believe it's true.

I will update all again. I just had to share with the family that truly understands. You all.

If you are praying people, I'd love your prayers for Travis. He is scared and knows enough about D to make it even scarier. He told me tonight that he doesn't know if he is brave enough. I said "you are! God does not give us more than we can handle. He already knows you can do it or you wouldn't have it." He is afraid of tomorrow and all to come. I'm sad that he has to go through it, too.

More later...

Tiffanie

2. Ali

Ali Approved members

Sorry.:( Will send prayers for all the family. Ali

3. muddymessalonskee

muddymessalonskee Approved members

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm one of those with two D kids. My daughter was dx'd first at the age of 7. She says she can't remember not having it...so sad. Sending hugs your way.

Deborah

4. Noel

Noel Approved members

Tiffanie, I am so sorry!!!!! I think all of us here have a fear of this happening. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Please post when you can and give us updates. Remember we are here for you, you will not travel this journey alone!!! We may be your "cyber" family but we are still your family!!

Please let us know if there is anything we can do....

5. Jaysmom

Jaysmom Approved members

So sorry to hear that. Prayers going out to Travis and the rest of your family from Ohio.

6. *Shannon

*Shannon Approved members

Tiffanie, I am so sorry. I'm in tears... it has to be a fear of everyone on this board. I am praying for you and Travis, for your family. He IS brave enough, he will surprise himself. I am so sorry.

7. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Oh Tiffannie I am so sorry for the whole family. Give Travis big hugs and I will definitely be lifting your family up in prayers.

8. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

I am sad right with you. Please give Travis a big hug from his extended family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

9. diabeticmonkey

diabeticmonkey Approved members

Hugs and Prayers To You , Travis and your Family

10. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

I am so sorry, please let us know what happens tomorrow.:(

11. CButler

CButler Approved members

Oh, I am so sorry. I will say a prayer for all of you. It must feel like a nightmare.:(

12. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

I'm also sorry to hear this. We'll be thinking of you and Travis. Let him know God is holding his hand through this and He is brave enough for all of you.

13. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

My prayers are with you.

14. wvchinacat

wvchinacat Approved members

(((hugs)))) oh my heart is aching for you right now! He sounds so brave. Peace and prayers for tonight and tomorrow morning as you yet again begin this journey!

15. 22jules

22jules Approved members

I am so sorry. Please take care-you, Travis and the rest of your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie (mom to Jessica 13 and Erin 10 dx 2-9-07 pumping M522)

16. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Oh, Tiffanie! :( I'm so, so very sad to hear this news. Please tell Travis that we are sending him hugs from CT.:cwds:

17. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

We will include you all in our prayers tonight and tomorrow. I am so sorry.

18. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Tiffanie, I'm so sorry. My prayers will be with Travis and your whole family. He will be brave enough. These kids amaze me with how brave they are.

19. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Sorry to hear of this, Tiffanie. Prayers have already gone up here for you and for Travis and I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time. Keep us posted...we care!

20. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

More prayers coming to you and Travis from Iowa. This is heart breaking:cwds: Positive thoughts coming your way, hang in there. Thinking of you!