- advertisement -

I'm so frustrated right now

Discussion in 'Continuous Glucose Sensing' started by Flutterby, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Put in a new sensor yesterday, the whole time getting weak signal, sensor error, bad sensor.. so tonight I finally called MM.. the first guy I talked to told me tokeep trying (why?? to add to my frustrations..) but that he was replacing the sensor.. so I call back, because its STILL not working right, and now freaking out with all these alarms.. she ran tests on the transmitter, and wanted to run a test on the pump (its brand new, didn't think anything was wrong with that..) but since K had an extended bolus going she had someone call me back to run the test.. waste of time, test was fine, she was of no help.. other than to tell me that they wanted to test the sensor so to keep it.. good thing she told me this, i was getting ready to throw it in the fire place..

so I had the smarts to put emla on a while ago.. knew I was going to be changing out that sensor.. changed it...went to hook it up and the freaking grren light isn't working.. no green light when connecting.. did it the same way I always do it..so I call back.. got a less than helpful, but very bubbly lady.. she says to leave the sensor for the night and try in the am.. it may not have gotton to room temp before insertion and tells me that I don't have to keep them in the fridge.. I explain why we do.. because the temps are CRAZY in here.. because we heat with wood.. its hard to control the temp.. some nights its been HOT HOT HOT.. over 100degrees (the neighbors must think we are nutty for having our door and windows open in the dead of winter LOL).. anyway.. I NEED my minilink at night.. I rely on it at night!! WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I hooked it again and again, and nothing.. I hope its not another bad sensor..

I HATE day one of the sensors.. it ALWAYS the worse.. something always going on LOL.. I can't wait until its just the 'norm'.. I can do pump site changes in about 30 seconds LOL..

just really frustrated to have 1 after another sensor bad.. when we pay out of pocket.. :(

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Update.....

I started the sensor this am, fully expecting it to be crabby and not work, and to my surprise it asked for a bg in about 1 minute and is working fine, with a good ISIG.. fully did NOT expect that LOL.. to bad we didn't have it last night as we had bg and ketone problems..

3. Nana

Nana Approved members

Sorry to hear about bad night, but glad that the sensor is working now :)

4. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

We have had the "no grren light" thing. It took a few hours to get "wet". It has only happened once. Next time you probably don't have to wait all night.

5. bkfkmc

bkfkmc Approved members

We have also had 3 or 4 times that the light didn't flash. We were also told it just needed some time to get "wet". We never had to wait more than a couple of hours and it was good to go. From that point, it worked as normal. Glad it's up and running now!

6. Budapest

Budapest Approved members

I feel your pain.

It is the most nerve racking thing to stay up late at night to change the sensor when DS is tight a sleep expecting to be up two hours later for the first calibration and then NO GREEN LIGHT. Disconnect, retry, hold your breath, disconnect, charge the already fully charged Minilink, retry, hold your breath, etc. etc.

It happened to us a few times. I left the sensor in without the Minilink but taping it over to make sure no harm is caused and each time a few hours later in the morning I retried, held my breath and was able to exhale in relief when finally the light came on. The only problem was calibrating after breakfast but at least it was working. These poorly starting sensors ended up working just like the other ones. The only loss was another couple of years from my own life :p .

7. semperwife

semperwife Approved members

I wait 4-5 minutes after I insert the new sensor before I even connect the transmitter to the sensor. During this time, I usually massage around the sensor to get the juices moving (so to speak). This usually does it for me.

I did have a bad batch of sensors so I had 3 in a row where nothing went right but MM replaced them all.