- advertisement -

I'm so excited (it's the little things)

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mjtjmcouch, Nov 20, 2009.

1. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

I went to pick up J's prescriptions today and they gave me 300 test strips for the month! I have been working on this for almost a year and finally my endo team has worked their magic and it was approved by our insurance. :D Better yet, my cost remains the same as with 200/month.

2. momma_fish2007

momma_fish2007 Approved members

Congrats! For our first year we were doing almost perfect with only testing 4 times a day but recently the numbers have been crazy so we got it upped to the 200 a month. It's soooo wonderful now to know what's going on 'in between' so to say.

3. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

Congrats. I don't know why we have to fight so hard to get the things we need for our children survive. I had to fight with John's insurance when we first started and it took me along time also. I had to have him retested to make sure he had D when we wanted to get the pump and they had been giving us supplies for MDI,testing, and insulin for almost a year.

4. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

That's awesome! You're right that it is the "little things", but those little things can add up to cause a lot of stress in our lives!

5. fdlafon

fdlafon Approved members

It's the "small things" that mean so much!

CONGRATS on winning the battle! :D

6. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

That is great news Jen:) You should feel comfortable testing when you need to instead of worrying about not having enough strips.

7. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

Thanks all. You know they also don't take into consideration all the extra strips we need for the teacher, the office, our house, his togo case, etc.