- advertisement -

I'm slipping, and I'm scared.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by k.hawkins92, Aug 6, 2009.

1. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I'm losing my control. I've seen 300's almost daily. I don't know why this is happening, it's so unlike me. And the scary thing is, it doesn't bother me anymore. I should NOT be able to look at a 348, and not be upset. That is NOT acceptable for me. But somehow, I've let it become acceptable, because it's happened a lot lately. I think I've lost sight of where I'm headed with this disease, because if I continue with this nonchalant attitude, something bad is going to happen. I don't want that, but I'm in some serious need of inspiration if I have any hopes of getting out of this rut on my own. Help? Advice? My next endo appointment is soon, so hopefully my spirits will be renewed there(?)

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I got pretty discouraged with numbers like that a few months during the more intense part of my thyroiditis and gallbladder disease.
    When you feel like you have no control, it's harder to care.
    Also, you need to not get upset with the 300s because it's not healthy to go around being upset all the time, no matter what your health is. You need to be able to look at the number, know what to do about it, and move on emotionally, and when you can't, you burn out. Been there done that.

My advice is: if it looks like you're doing the same things and getting worse results, ask to be checked for thyroid function and celiac at your next blood draw or endo appt, whichever is sooner.
    If you haven't been changing doses, do that now! Raise doses as frequently as you need to.
    Lastly, you don't need to get out of this rut on your own; there should be no shame in finding help. Somebody to talk to once per week or more.

3. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

Thanks for the advice, nice to know I'm not the only one whose ever felt like this. My next endo appt is in about a week so I'm thinking she will have some major insights for changes my basals. I'm hoping this is just a summer thing, and that once I get back into the school shedule that things will straighten out for me.....and not get worse.

4. beck95

beck95 Approved members

hey i agree with jonah. ive just been doin the same thing as you 29s and so on. ive finally come out of it. just keep upin your basals and try not to get all down about it thats probably the worst thing you can do is get all down and mopy about it. hope you come out of it soon and best of luck.

5. someone

someone Approved members

In the past, incorrect basal rates have been incredibly discouraging and have lead me to that attitude. Sounds to me like that's your issue as well. Start increasing your basal and you should notice an improvement.