- advertisement -

I'm new too this.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JordanC1988, Sep 7, 2008.

1. JordanC1988

JordanC1988 Approved members

Yeah so I just signed up tonight, I have no idea what I am doing either :DLOL. I am 20 years old and have had it 8 years now and yeah totally need some friends who can understand some of the things I am going through, all i have around here is a controlling mother who thinks she knows all, and a younger brother who just discovered has diabetes and is still honeymooning so he thinks he knows everything, and i have lost 99.9% of my friends and girlfriends because of my diabetes and moodswings that go with it:(. So... I have AIM, Yahoo, and Myspace... JordanC1988

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Hi and welcome.

Can you tell us a bit more about your insulin regimen (MDI or pump)?
    I can understand you mom wanting some control. She needs to be reassured that things are going well when she's not around. I hope you find a way to do that. I'm sure she means well.
    I'm sorry for your brother's dx as well. How old is he?

3. JordanC1988

my brother just turned 16, and i am a MDI. its ok never liked the pump just never liked the idea of having something attached to me. and I know why she is like it, just I guess I hoped after 8 years of it she would lighten up a bit.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I understand not liking to have something attached to you. If MDI works for you, then stick with it.
    Do you think your mom would like to join this website? Maybe it will help?
    In any case, post any questions you'd like. There are many knowledgeable and caring people here.:cwds:

5. JordanC1988

she doesnt really like being on computers much, I tried to talk her into joining stuff like this... and I hope and I will end up posting alot lol

6. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

Well welcome
    Jordan
    WE/I totally understand. even though I myself don't have D.

7. JordanC1988

thank you :)

8. TonyCap

TonyCap Approved members

Welcome aboard, and hang in there. You've come to the right place for support. :)

9. JordanC1988

thanks Tony, so far it seems like its the right place :)

10. mommyofAx4

mommyofAx4 Approved members

my dd says the same thing about the pump and remember true friends will stick around no matter what mood swings or whatever but iam sure your make some good friends here everyone is wonderful so welcome

11. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Hi Jordan, I have AIM and myspace too, so...yeah:) Anyway welcome to CWD, I think that you've been over in the teen's section, and you know how crazy it can get over there. But this site is pretty amazing, and it has really helped me alot:)

12. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Hey Jordan! Welcome! I hope you find a home away from home here! :)

13. JordanC1988

yeah I have been over there and it is kinda crazy but hey makes it alot more exciting then lol and this place has been kinda like a home away from home so far, everyone is nice and has helped me out alot thank you :D

14. Aidyn

Aidyn Approved members

Hey there, Jordan! :) Welcome!

I'm close to your age (22) and understand the mood swings that come with diabetes. I'm usually very calm, laid back, and mild mannered, but I occasionally lash out on the ones I love if my blood sugar is low. I can also be a bit crabby when high, but lows get me the worst.

I understand not wanting to have something attached. I go back and forth between wanting a pump and being happy on MDI. I can never completely make up my mind, so I just keep sticking (no pun intended) with the needles. I am not so fond of some tubing attached to me to constantly remind me that I'm a diabetic. I've had enough issues just accepting it to begin with.

PS: I don't know if you're into astrology, but I checked your myspace and saw you're a Pisces... you're under a notoriously moody sign to begin with ;)

PPS: Great song. I love Nikki Sixx.

15. JordanC1988

yeah the moody issue is a nightmare lol and yeah with my horoscope not helping one bit lol. It helps alot to know I'm not the only one with these issues or else I would b in a psych ward right now lol, and its strange when I was younger and got it, it was soo easy to deal with nothing changed much but soon as I got out of high school it all went south. and has been there since.