- advertisement -

I'm mad at our CGM

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by melissabeth, May 30, 2007.

1. melissabeth

melissabeth Approved members

Okay, so we got the minimed cgm and it was great for the first week- slow to catch the lows, but we put it on an alarm of 100- saved us from at least 2 random lows that we never would have caught.
    But now it's not working! I changed the sensor and got a "weak signal" reading...thought, that's strange since it's a new sensor, everything is charged, etc.,
    I re-set it using the new-sensor function thinking it might correct itself and no luck. So we took it out, charged the transmitter for 3 hours (even though I think it was already good to go) and changed the sensor to a new one, then got "cal error", recalibrated, and got "bad sensor"! Put in ANOTHER new sensor the next day and we keep getting "weak signal" errors:mad::mad::mad:
    What is going on? I re-read all of the instructions and I'm almost sure we're not skipping any steps---also the 3 sensors were from two different boxes entirely, so I'm stumped and really disappointed! It was so great for the first week!
    I'm waiting for a call back from the minimed people, but do any of you cgm experts have any ideas? maybe we live over a magnetic field or something...

2. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I am interested to hear what MM says. Have you posted this to diabetescgms yahoo group? If you haven't joined that group, I would recommend it. That group is a world of knowledge!

3. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

I'd be rip roaring mad too! Maybe a bad monitor?? If you have tried everything - I would say it is the equipment!

4. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Have you checked it with the tester? Have you called minimed? I would go ahead and check it with the tester to see if there is a problem with the link itself :( We are having some "issues" with our most resent box but I was hoping it was bad placement/stress related.

5. Andrews mom

Andrews mom Approved members

We kept getting weak signals also after about 4 days of use and they sent us a new transmitter and we rarely have that problem anymore.

6. melissabeth

melissabeth Approved members

Thanks for all of the ideas! We STILL haven't gotten a call back from minimed, which is annoying, BUT we did test the transmitter, it was fine, then tried yet again with a new sensor yesterday, and so far so good...It says that the signal is at about 34, which is a big improvement. After reading the instruction book yet again, I wonder if the sensor was too close to the pump - it said they should be at least 5 cm apart, and since Colby's so little there's not much room on his bum for both things...Anyhow, we'll see how it goes today.
    I'm definitely going to check out that yahoo cgm group, thanks so much for the information!