advertisement

I'm Kyra! I'm 16 and would love someone to talk to :)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by kyra_leighann, Mar 11, 2014.

1. kyra_leighann

kyra_leighann New Member

Hi! I'm Kyra and I'm 16! I was diagnosed January 6, 2014 so a little more than two months ago. I'm by no means completely depressed or anything although these two months have been hard but I would love other people to talk to! By the way I live in North Carolina (US)!

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi Kyra. My daughter is also 16, she has had D since she was 4. There's not a ton of traffic here on the teen forum but we have a few young adults and late teens who post in the main parents forum. You should feel free to post there if you have any questions about managing your new diagnosis.
    Hope to see you around :cwds:

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Hi Kyra!

Welcome :)

I'm Meg and I'm 20 years old. I have had diabetes for 11 years now. I live in the northeast part of the US. Are you on shots or the pump?

4. kyra_leighann

kyra_leighann New Member

Shots for now but I'll be getting a pump sometime this Summer

5. Mgirod

Mgirod Approved members

HI! It has been officially 2 months since I was diagnosed! just some background info :) Anyway, I have a new pen pal but I would definitely be open to have another one! We can chat whenever you want, when I can be on the forum :)

6. laurafanciesyou

laurafanciesyou New Member

hey, i just joined this thing so i am really sorry that this is so late and I'm expecting that you probably won't see or want to reply to this but thank you anyway. I'm laura and I'm 15, I've had diabetes for 10 years next month and I don't really know I guess it would just be nice to talk too people that understand diabetes really, i'm sorry if this sounds awful :)

7. zoe_cook

zoe_cook New Member

Hi!
    I'm Zoë and I am also 16. I was Dx'ed at the end of 5th grade when I was 9 (7 years now... time flies!)
    I'd love to talk to you if you're still looking for someone :)

8. Riley's Mom

Riley's Mom Approved members

Hi Kyra! My 17 year old daughter was diagnosed January 6, 2015. How odd! I assume you are finishing up your senior year. We are in Texas. Riley has always wanted to visit the Carolinas ~ looks so beautiful there! Hope you're doing well!