- advertisement -

I'm going to cry!! Or scream!

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by tiffanie1717, Jul 24, 2008.

1. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Kylie was dx on 5-15-08. We had registered her for K in our local school (where our 2 sons go) back in April 2008. We told the school as soon as we got home from the hospital in May so that they would have time to make their accommodations, let us know what we needed to do, etc.

Today we were told that Kylie would need to attend another elementary school in our district because there is only a nurse at Kylie's school one day a week. If we were willing to have someone come in to administer a shot every day the nurse was not there, then she could attend the school we want her at.

Oh, and the ride to the other school will make her on the bus for easily 30-60 minutes (bus ride is 10 minutes now) WITH high school and junior high students for the last half (after she watches her brothers and neighbor friend get off at our elementary school).

I am so upset! She has had enough to deal with! This is crap! We can work it out to give her her shots, I think, and once we get the pump the secretary can help her with that, but it's just so crappy of them to do this to a little girl. I hate them right now.

I've got calls into our CDE, the ADA advocacy thing, other departments. Waiting for calls back. I am just so upset right now.

2. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

I put this in the Parents forum. It's getting a lot of traffic there with great advice.

Moderator, I don't know if you want to close this one since no one is responding here?

3. SGHanna

SGHanna Approved members

try using NPH. with NPH administered at breakfast, you don't need an injection for lunch, you just have to make sure you get your carbs.
    that's what i did when i was first diagnosed, because they didn't have lantus.

hopefully this helps.
    try talking to your doctor about it.