- advertisement -

I'm a faker, she's a faker, wouldn't you like to be a faker too?? :)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by frizzyrazzy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

Just being silly in light of the more serious posts..

if you had a day off from Diabetes..just pretend...if you woke up tomorrow and learned that you had 24 hours free..oh heck..we're dreaming, give it 48, say you found out you had 48 hours when diabetes didn't exist for your child...what would you do? A little different than just if your child was gone away ...diabetes doesn't exist for 48 hours. How would you make use of those 48 hours?????????????

2. manic4titans

manic4titans Approved members

sleep a peaceful sleep with no worries is all I ask for but I am sure as more posters chime in I will think oh yeah that too. :D

3. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

No kids, or just no D?

4. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Get a good nights rest or at least try and tomorrow morning, grab nothing but my drivers license, season passes and debit card and head to Dollywood with Sean for the weekend. Well OK we would need a change of clothes, I'll take a credit card too. ;)

edit: and since you started the faking, what would YOU do??

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  5. frizzyrazzy

Just no D. You wake up tomorrow and D has gone away and it will return in 48 hours.

6. frizzyrazzy

ooh that's a good one. maybe I'd do something like a water park..something that is just a big old fat challenge. and leave with nothing but a swimsuit and some money.

7. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

Send Deacon to see his father.

--Sara

8. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Awwwww. :(

9. TripleThreat

TripleThreat Approved members

take the extra bags out of vehicles
    sleep without getting up for checks
    no more blood stains on shirts and pants from wiping
    no worries when kids are grouchy or misbehaving (send them to their room for quite)
    No more hats in bathroom(pee hats)
    all the storage i would have oh the storage
    send kids to play at friends instead of having kids here (oh that would be to quite)

10. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Let Grant eat a whole pizza, and eat what ever he wanted when ever he wanted!

We could both go to sleep when ever we wanted and wake up when ever we wanted:D

11. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Empty out my purse and car. Let Christian grab what he wanted to eat without telling me. Hmmm go out to my sisters and let him swim in her pool with his cousins all weekend long, without drinking gatorade. LOL

12. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

We're going to Disney World!!!!:D:D

As long as we're dreaming, Celiac is gone too, and we eat anything and everything we want without gaining weight!!

(If you're gonna dream, dream big!)

13. buggle

buggle Approved members

Well, I hate to brag... but we just had what I'm calling a Diabetes Vacation! Since Brendan's nasty stomach bug, he was completely off bolus insulin for over a week. He still had Lantus, but that's nothing. It was so, so, so nice. No carb counting, he could eat as little or as much as he wanted when he wanted.

His BG is starting to come up again, so he's back on bolus insulin again today. But it was sure nice while it lasted. I told Brendan that it was his reward for being so sick. At least something good came of it.

14. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

1. Board the dog.
    2. Send the husband away.
    3. Tell Tom to go do whatever he wanted, eat and drink whatever he wanted, and don't check in.
    4. Sleep the sleep of the dead. And believe me, I could easily do that for the full 48 hours.

15. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

If I get to dream 48 hours with out diabetes, I would like to dream 48 hours with my girls being in perfect health and not worry about ANY medical for 48 hours. Hummmm....................... I'd like to relax with all of my friends here! :D

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  16. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

arrange for a sleep over at a friend's house - get all the friend's b-day parties at the water park out of the way.... yep, that would be so good - to be able to let him do those things without working around D!

17. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

sleep - how did I forget SLEEP?!:D

18. hsmommyofmany

hsmommyofmany Approved members

get to go to bed before 2 am, let everyone sleep in on saturday morning and ditch the backpack!!

19. Jordansmom

Jordansmom Approved members

We tried to pretend there was no D last week. On Monday my husband left for a business trip. On Tuesday I was talking to my kids and everyone was out of school so overnight we packed the car and drove to Disneyland. We did no big D management. I did not ask her constantly what her bg was (a problem for me). Before I asked I thought long and hard whether I REALLY needed to know. I packed the smallest bag I could manage into the park (one syringe, fruit roll ups, and glucose tabs). She ate what ever she wanted when ever she wanted. Usually I cringe when she wants an Icee. I let her have a large every day. She ate pancakes for breakfast every morning and dessert every night. We had a good vacation and bgs weren't great but they were not as bad as I feared either. It was a good lesson for me. I need to chill out a little bit.

No D for real? Take a vacation. Even pretending we don't have D on vacation SUCKS. who am I kidding?

20. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

Honestly, I am having a hard time imagining it!! Sleeping peacfully is good, and sleeping in. Letting her eat whatever she wants is nice too.

I just want her to have a normal life so badly.......

TRACY