- advertisement -

If you wear the Revel/or other Minimed pump does it have to stay on the same side of the body as the

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

We have our current pump in a spibelt and it can move. Our transmitter of the Dexcom can be on one side while the pump on other. Is this going to make a Minimed Revel pump/CGM not work if they are opposite sides of the body?

2. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I hope this comes off as a helpful suggestion: perhaps you could consolidate all the polls and posts about the Revel/CGMs into one post. Collect all your thoughts and questions, and then do one big post. That way you can tackle everything at once. Some of your posts are probably getting lost and pushed off the page by now.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Well some of the polls did not have anything to do with the Minimed CGM. Two were on pumps in general. Not related topics. I guess I should have posted this in the CGM forum.

4. Diana

Diana Approved members

Carol -

We only wore the Revel for a week, but we did not have any trouble maintaining the connection with the transmitter. I'm sure at least part of that time, the pump and transmitter were not on the same side of his body.

Diana

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Jack wears his pump in a pouch on the front, and his transmitter on his bottom, so they are never on the same "side" of his body. We don't have any problems.

6. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

My dd's transmitter is on her bum and her pump can be anywhere around her waist - usually not a problem. The only time we run into a problem is occasionally at night when she's laying on the transmitter, but even that usually only happens toward the end of the sensor's life, when the signal is weaker than usual.

7. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

Thanks posting this, Carol. I was wondering the same thing!

8. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

Samantha will wear her sensor on her behind and her pump site is on her arm..her pump is around her waist at all times..we have never had a site and sensor in the same area..she is too thin and not much meat to work with as it is...

9. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

It's a function of body mass. I have to wear both on the same side because my sensor cannot transmit through/around my robust mid-section, whereas in kids it's probably not an issue most of the time.

10. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

no the pump and the transmitter do not have to be on the same side of the body.

11. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

no they dont have to be on the same side but i have noticed when we do the sensor on my dd's arm that if the pump is on the other side of the body especially when starting the sensor we can get a lost sensor but it picks it right back up unless say she is laying on it and we dont realize it got "lost" in time and then we have to restart