- advertisement -

If you put a test strip in a blood drop

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by joy orz, Sep 12, 2011.

1. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

but don't have it inserted in the meter... it won't actually give you a reading.

Picture me, a very sleep deprived mother of a D kindergartener just starting a new school and a teething baby. Flashlight in my mouth, test strip in one hand, meter in the other, bubble cloud of confusion over my head over why my meter isn't counting down... :confused:

Huh, you mean I need to insert this little blue thingie over here, into this electronic doodad over there? Go figure.

2. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

LOL.. I can relate.. I tried to do a blood draw with a pen and couldn't figur eout why she wasn't bleeding. :D

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Niiiccceee one Joy :D

4. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

5. sooz

sooz Approved members

If there were any justice in the world it SHOULD have worked!! :D

The one I can tell about is, Hailey accidentally poked herself with a pencil and her thumb was bleeding a little...I said, quick, get the meter and let's do a test, let's not waste it! lol :p

6. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

The first time I tested Selah in the hospital I put the blood on the test strip and inserted it into the meter, blood first.

Made sense to me. . .

I thought this was going to be a take off on "If you give a mouse a cookie. . . "

7. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Me too. Here goes....

If you give an Ava a cookie, she's going to need some insulin to go with it.
    And if you give her some insulin, you should probably test her blood sugar first.

If you need to test her blood sugar, she'll tell you to put the strip IN the meter. If you put a strip in the meter correctly, it will beep and tell you a number.

Once her brother hears the beep, he'll come running to see if you are going to open the cookie box. And if you open the cookie box, you will have two kids who want a cookie.

And everyone knows, if you give an Ava a cookie.... she'll probably need some insulin to go with it.

8. bluedevils_fan

bluedevils_fan Approved members

Joy,

You should approach the publisher of the "If You Give A...." books and see if they will use your idea to do a D related book. I loved your version.:D

9. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Clearly we need "wireless" strips.

Actually, with RFIDs, this might actually be possible.

10. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

11. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

I missed this! Very cute.