- advertisement -

If you have mySentry...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KyleBugsMom, Mar 8, 2012.

1. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

We have it but having connection issues! How long does it take to "locate the pump" once your child returns to the outpost? We had the actual monitor in Kyle's room because we thought the outpost was faulty but the monitor lost the pump and we could not reestablish the connection. Our Medtronic Area Manager was here for over an hour tonight and we never did maintain a good connection between any of the devices. I'm guessing our monitor and outpost are broken...:confused:
    Are you finding that it is user-friendly? I am hoping we will get the new devices and it will work well. I'm really bummed right now, though!
    On a bright note - let's hear it for amazing customer service! Not only did our rep. come to our house this evening to try to get it working, we should have the new stuff before lunchtime tomorrow!:D

2. mysweetwill

mysweetwill Approved members

It takes a good 10-15 minutes to find it. What drives me nuts is there is no battery back up, so if my kids are sleeping and I'm downstairs and have the monitor with me, when I bring it upstairs, it needs to re establish connection again when I plug it in.
    I have noticed certain areas of the house have less connectivity, for example, if he and the outpost are in the basement the signal is weaker. I also noticed we have connectivity issues if his cell phone is on in his room at night. But overall, i really like it.
    I have been happy with customer service as well, I cant believe they came to your house though! Good luck with the new outpost and monitor!

3. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

We had a problem with connection until we put the outpost up high ... over her bed ... I connected outpost to an extension cord (with surge protector) and then I took a wire soap dish and connected it to the walll with command strips and then let the outpost rest there. I actually feel that it is safer there than close to the floor anyway. It works great now.

Hope that helps with your issues ... we have gotten great range now ... throughout bedroom.

4. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

Hi Lisa,
    Any chance you can send a photo of this? Or maybe just help me get understand it ... so the extension cord runs up the wall to the soap dish? What are the "command strips"?

We have a 2 year old explorer who is going to LOVE to wreak havoc with ours (once we get it ... starting insurance paperwork today!). So trying to plan in advance how to tot-proof it. :)

Thanks!

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I can answer the command strips part. I think it's 3M who makes them, but they're the sticky strips that you can use to hang pictures and other stuff on the wall, but are made so that you can remove them from the wall without damaging the paint. You can buy them at Target and Wal-Mart.

6. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

Yes the command strips make removable little hooks that can attach the soap dish to the wall ... and I wanted it connected to a surge protector so it didn't get damage in a storm.

View attachment 2677

Hopefully this picture came out so you can see it.

Lisa

7. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

What a great idea! Thanks so much for the picture, Lisa, and for the info on the command strips, Karla.

Looks like a great solution ... except I think I'll have to tape down the power cord or else my little monkey girl will climb up it.

Thanks again.

8. KyleBugsMom

KyleBugsMom Approved members

It's working now and it's the coolest piece of technology I've ever seen!

Lisa - that was a great idea and I might try it o see if we can get a stronger signal.

9. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Great idea! I think I'll try it with DS's Guardian unit!

10. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

As they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while! :p So glad if it helps anyone out. I got the soap dish super cheap at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

So glad its working ... we love it too!!

11. Rcj176

Rcj176 Approved members

That is really cool! Can't wait until they make them for multiple users! I could only imagine the number of soap dishes I would have to buy!!