- advertisement -

I thought I was loosing my mind

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 14, 2009.

1. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

LOL, thats too funny! A few summers ago DH, Kylee and I were sitting in the living room early one morning and could hear what sounded like a puppy whimpering. I looked out the front door and didnt see anything but we kept hearing the noise every few minutes. I finally went outside to look around, and still didnt see anything. As I was coming back in the door I heard the sound really close, looked down, and there squashed up in the corner by my front steps was a little duckling. He was a tiny little thing. There werent any other ducks around, so we brought him inside, but a towel in a box and did some research to see what we needed to do for him. We called animal control and they said they wouldnt take him, so we got him some food, a warming lamp and made him a house in the box. Unfortunately he only lived for about 2 weeks. I was later told by someone who raises ducks that baby ducks are very hard to raise on their own, they need a friend or they pretty much go nuts and run themselves to death. When I was a kid my dad used to bring home ducklings that were on the leach ponds. They have to attempt to keep waterfowl from landing on the ponds, which isnt always possible, and they were always finding nests. Those ducks always lived, but we always had groups of them. I never thought about a duck getting lonely.

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

Only cuz I had to take Jenn shopping and didn't have time to start the ACME jokes. I sacrificed for Wegman's.

3. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

I can't get the image of the cartoon road runner on the roof out of my head. :D
    I miss those cartoons, too.

4. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

5. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Did I miss new "family" pics?

Sorry, I am addicted to your animal stories.

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

:( I thought they were huge birds from the cartoon:D

7. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

Maybe you should build and ark....... just in case!!

TRACY

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  8. KeltonsMom

If I were to build an ark in the middle of the Mojave Desert I would be taken away by the men in white coats :D

Guess who was back on the roof again this morning making the dog whining sounds? At least now I know what it is and it does not bother me thinking that there is a wounded animal in the yard..I will see if I can get a picture of him/her tomorrow:D

9. KeltonsMom

They are not small birds or at least the one on my roof isn't small..:eek: