- advertisement -

I thought I was loosing my mind

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 14, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

This morning I kept hearing a noise that sounded like a dog whining, I would go into the master bathroom and hear it in there, go into the kitchen and hear it there. I looked at my dogs who were sound asleep and then hear it again in the office..

So, I got dressed and went outside thinking there was a wounded dog in my yard..Nothing, then as I was walking back to the house I heard the sound coming from the roof :eek:

I grabbed the ladder and placed it on the front deck and made my way up the ladder to look to see what in the world could be making that sound..There was no way a dog could be up there..Guess what I saw? A Roadrunner!! A HUGE Roadrunner was on the roof and he/she looked at me and made the sound "ooooh,ooooh,ooooh, oohhhhhhhhhhhhh" Then he/she flew off of my roof and made a run for the road :D

2. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

I SWEAR Teddi...you have now crossed from the domestic animal domain into the wild animal domain. A regular modern day St. Francis you are.

A roadrunner for heaven's sake! The coyote can't be far behind.

3. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Beep Beep!!!! :D

4. Adinsmom

Adinsmom Approved members

My Grandma used to say "Roadrunners crossing your path are good luck". I wonder what one on top of the house means?

Have a Great Day. :)

5. KeltonsMom

The coyote is not far behind, in fact a pack of them were yipping across the street last night :eek:

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Teddi,

Please take the sign off your yard saying "Free room and board for all animals";):D

7. KeltonsMom

I tried, I can't find the sign..I tried to tell the Ravens to leave but they keep perching on my fence posts :rolleyes:

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I have a mole in my yard AGAIN. Last year we put this vibrating thing (not that:eek:) in the middle of the yard. Supposedly the vibrations underground make the moles go away. Darn thing started bulding the hills at the furthest spots from the vibrating thingy:rolleyes:
    Last year we had about 14 mole hills. This year, only 6 so far.

They are cute so I don't want to kill it, plus it's good for aerating the ground, but my yard looks like some giant bird pooped on it.

That's all I get as animals though.:(

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  9. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Were you able to catch it, take it inside, put it in a little bed, and give it some ACME roadrunner kibble?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  10. andeefig

andeefig Approved members

Only you!!! :D:D:D

11. KeltonsMom

Do you know how fast these birds can run?!? There is no way I could even attempt in catching one :p

12. BozziesMom

Yeah, I know. That's why you have to keep an ACME roadrunner trap on hand. I'm surprised you don't have one. I think it involves a large boulder with a flat bottom, a rope, a stick, some ACME kibble...

13. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

you beat me to the ACME jokes. lol

14. KeltonsMom

Well you see here is the problem, they stopped airing the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons because they are too violent :rolleyes: See if I were to be able to watch these cartoons I would have a better understanding on how to catch a Roadrunner..BTW these were my favorite cartoons as a kid and I miss watching them..

I have Direct TV and if anyone knows if this cartoon is on any station holler at me so I can set my DVR to record them..

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.:D

15. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Ever see Evan Almighty?? you make me think of that movie..

"beep beep", now that made me laugh:D

16. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

This is exactly what popped into my head!! Too funny, a roadrunner! Your yard must be where Wild Kingdom and Loony Toons met.

17. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Ok, who had the roadrunner in the "What shows up in KeltonsMom's yard next?" pool?

18. BozziesMom

I had Wildebeest.

19. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

I think I downloaded some roadrunner cartoons. But I packed all the DVD's. I am glad I read this post because I needed a good laugh today

20. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Too funny - I can't believe that you actually took out a ladder and climbed up to see what was on your roof!:D:D Thanks for the chuckle!