- advertisement -

I think we're getting somewhere

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by HelenaHandBasket, Jun 26, 2011.

1. wilf

wilf Approved members

Nope! But it works for me.. :)

2. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

:D:D:D Rebound theory is like String theory.....it is very esoteric and the "rules" are all wacky..... :p

(and as you see above, it does actually work for some people) Go Figure.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  3. Lee

Lee Approved members

I gotta say it again - this is a parent now on day 9. She is consulting her endo.

Just seems like we - the collective we here - are over-complicating the situation and muddying the waters.

If, in Day 9, I would have read this thread, I would have been sobbing in the corner sucking my thumb. Keep it simple. Give her time to work with her ACTIVELY INVOLVED D-TEAM to figure out what is going on.

There is time enough for rebound talk, equations, and pissing matches on say, day 12 or something.:rolleyes: Give the woman some air!!!!!

4. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Thank you for saying it (again). I was going to but didn't feel like getting eviscerated. :D

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  5. Lee

Lee Approved members

My box o'wine thickens my skin ;)...

6. wilf

wilf Approved members

The Lantus has been moved to morning, but maintained at 3 on the endo's instructions. Overnight numbers tonight should be informative.

7. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Lee, I would have to agree with you in regards to most any other newbie. But not this OP. Read her words above.

However, Kristina is a nurse, staying in touch with her endo, a single mom of many children who found this forum very quickly and is wanting to understand how to get the BG down because her nurse mode is "take care of the patient" and mom mode is "this is my child and I will do whatever it takes."

HUGE warning to Kristina. Usually about day 10-14 the pancreas finally gets "rested" from the insulin assistance and decides to start "trying" to take back over. You will start seeing lows often. :eek: This is normal as your son enters the honeymoon phase. These "spurts" of insulin can be frustrating. You will begin lowering the insulin (usually the Lantus first) and meal boluses will reduce as well. Consult with endo and test frequently.

8. HelenaHandBasket

HelenaHandBasket Approved members

He got 1u of Lantus last night. This morning he will get the full 3u at one time.

9. HelenaHandBasket

Becky, I <sparkly heart> you!! :p

I was doing that on Day 3 and 4...before I found you guys!!! :D

I am beyond happy that even with the mystery in all the mess, that his numbers were below 300 ALL day yesterday!!! Numbers above 300 make me twitchy. ;)

10. HelenaHandBasket

Ahhh I <sparkly heart> you even more!! My box o'wine is running dangerously low this week. I need it more than ever!!! :D

11. HelenaHandBasket

Oops! I didn't test overnight tonight. :eek:

Oh goody! We have a follow up at 2 weeks post-dx on July 7th. Right about the time I will have this all figured out and it will change. It reminds me of when they were babies. As soon as I would figure out their "routine" they'd have a growth spurt or get sick or decide they hated me and didn't want to sleep more than 1/2 hour at a time. :rolleyes:

12. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

This will be true forevermore!

Diabetes follows no reasonable route. Your days of being a perfectionist are over.

If the wind blows the wrong way or or you wear the wrong color clothes, or you smell something...or....or... The variables make no sense. Everything on day one (diet, exercise, insulin doses, etc.) change be exactly the same on day two with entirely different outcomes.

The good news - you do begin to see a pattern or trend and can adjust as needed. It's the rollercoaster moments that will find you running back to this forum yelling, "HELP!"

13. wilf

wilf Approved members

On best behavior after Becky's admonishment of last night :eek: - how are things going today?

Oops - just found the new thread..