- advertisement -

I think I hate insurance companies

Discussion in 'Insurance Issues' started by Kalebsmom, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Kaleb started his saline pump today. While we were there the nurse said she does not think the insurance company will approve his PING. I am so upset. I called CIGNA and they said since his A1C is pretty good they may not. I really do not understand this. All the A1C does is take an average of the last 3 months. It is a combo of lows and highs.

Have any of you been denied and if so what was the reasoning for it? Did you appeal? If so, was it approved then?

I am so upset that the insurance companies get to tell me what is best for my kids.

2. realsweety

realsweety Approved members

I am sorry that you are having problems.We have been fighting our ins. for almost 6 months now.but we are not fighting for the ping.we have been fighting for the omni pod.we have already gone through all of the appeals process and have been denied every time.I wrote to our senator and state rep for help,they are my last hope.they say it could be 6 months before we find out if they can help us or not.I am ready to give up.someone gave me a web sight that may help you it is www.Ipump.org they are supposed to be able to help people who either do not have ins. or having trouble getting ins. companies to cover a pump.My trouble is that our ins. covers everything but the omni pod.there is nothing wrong with the other pumps,its just I made a promise to my little girl that I would fight until I can't fight anymore.so until the end I am fighting for the pump that my baby girl wants.If we are still turned down .... I will deal with that when or if it happens.good luck to you...:)