- advertisement -

I think I did an ooops

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KeltonsMom, Sep 17, 2008.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

My wonderful doctor's and insurance company keep giving both Kelton and I the run around on how many test strips we can have each month..Well, I got desperate and bought some on Ebay..I got them in the mail today and they are Precision Point-of-Care test strips that say they are to be used in the Precision Xtra meter, but the box is different than the ones I get from the pharmacy..

Does anyone know if these will work with my Precision Xtra meter or are these for the older model Precision Xtra meter?

They have the end or top fill application so they are different than the ones I have been getting..I also got them really cheap

2. KeltonsMom

I hate desperation, so I went ahead and opened a box and tired one out in my meter..They work, they just take more blood to fill the strip and when compared to my other meter the gold wrapper test strips tested out at 119 and the original blue wrapper test strips tested out at 121..Not bad..I will keep them, even though they are vampires

3. ColleenB

ColleenB Member

Counterfeit (fake) test strips have been in the news. You may want to contact the manufacturer right away to make sure the test strips you have are "real" and working.

Be cautious of any medical product not purchased directly from a medical supplier -- it's hard to tell how the product has been stored or handled (or if it is expired).

4. KeltonsMom

They are real and not expired, I called Abbott and made sure that they will actually work in my meter and they do. They just take more blood because they are for the first Precision Xtra meter but will work in the newer meter.