- advertisement -

I think I am depressed....

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Judy&Alli, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

I went through a pretty rough spot when Alli was dx'd. I made it through the storm and was feeling pretty good about where we were in relation to the emotional impact of d. Then last month we went through hell with Alli's d. She experienced some pretty hefty lows, one that sent us to the er. So then the shift started again and things slowly started creeping back to "normal."

Then on Tuesday I took Brittany to the pedi and they think she has ADHD. WTH? Didn't see that one coming, we knew something was wrong but it never occured to me that she could have ADHD.

Then On Thursday we got the news that Kayla might have a pituitary tumor. again WTH???

I just don't have it in me to deal with this. I feel like my insides are trying to explode out of my body. I have NEVER felt like this in my entire life!

I don't have time to see the doctor for myself, I really don't, dh travels about 60% of the time so I am everyone's everything.

Is there something over the counter that can help to get me over this speed bump?

2. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Judy, I'm so sorry you have too much on your plate. I know how hard it can be to find time to get yourself taken care of but I really think you need to take the time and see a doctor so you get the right medication to help you through this.
    You need it, your kids and DH need you. Do it for all of you.

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

hugs Judy...I agree with Barb..you need to get yourself to the dr. You have every right to feel like everything is going to explode, anyone would, you've been handed a lot lately.

So pick up the phone on monday - explain to the dr that you don't have a lot of time, but that you need to do something.

Hugs.

4. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Sending you hugs, Judy!:cwds: I sent you a message on FB.

5. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

Judy....so sorry your having to do this on your own....Hugs

OTC recommend Sam-E its good for your joints, liver and mood enhancer.
    I like vit B complex for nerves and stress. I heard good things about St John's wort too.

When my mom was in hospice and I was in school full time, I was emotionally a wreck crying and having a hard time, with being a mom, student, caring for my dying mother...I saw the Dr to get me over the hump. they prescribed an antidepressant and it really helped.

But please see your doctor...stress overload, they may be able to help with a Rx.

6. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I am so sorry, Judy...stressful indeed. Probably taking some time for yourself, and stopping having to be everyone's everything, is what it will take for you to be ok again. In the meantime, a prescription for something certainly might help. Take care of yourself - you aren't going to be able to be anyone's anything if you don't!

7. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Judi - I agree with everyone that you should call the Doctor if not for meds then maybe to get some support. I know you have a great DH and family but sometimes we need and want more then that while going through these troubled times.

Big hugs to you!!!!! I sent you a PM.

Wanda

8. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

Judy, I'm so sorry you have so much to deal with, it is too much - BIG HUG:cwds::cwds::cwds:

I agree with others, I would call doc and explain the situation, and I'm sure they will find a way to help you.

9. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

I understand what you're feeling, unfortunately. Sometimes everything is just coming at you all at once and you feel like your head is going to explode - literally. With all that you have on your plate (which is a lot!), I highly recommend that you seek out the help from a professional. I take an as needed medication when I'm feeling frantic. It helps to know that I have a tool at my disposal to help me over my hump, even if I end up never taking it. You can't help your family if you don't take care of yourself first. Big hugs to you.

10. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

Oh Judy. I so feel for you!

There is a reason the flight attendants make the announcement that in case of emergency put YOUR mask on first THEN help any children with you. You can't help them when you are suffocating. Make the time to get to the dr. You are dealing with a lot right now, but you have to help yourself or you won't be able to do what you need to do for your family.

Call your dr. Explain the situation, and get the EARLIEST appointment that you can.

((((((hugs))))))

11. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Approved members

aw, Judy, so sorry to hear this. I'm thankful that you can share it with us and I don't have any suggestions that haven't already been posted. I know it's hard to carve out any time for yourself, goodness knows I don't do it, myself, but I hope you find the time to pick up that phone and see someone.

>>>>>>>hugs<<<<<<<<<<<<

12. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Big (((hugs))) honey. Judy please remember something for me. You are special:) In all the world, you are special. And therefore you are worth taking the time to get to a doctor and getting some help. Of course you are overwhelmed right now, God who wouldnt be??!! One thing that has always helped me is to have some time to myself to do whatever i feel like doing. It could be to soak in a tub, go shopping with friends, go for a walk and enjoy nature. Just time to yourself cause once again, you deserve it!! Start believing that k?:cwds:

13. Judy&Alli

Thanks everyone! I will make an effort to call the doctor. I am overwhelmed by the support here. Thank you all for your kind words!! Thanks for all the pm's here and on fb. I love you all!!! I do feel a little better than I did this morning. I had a chance to finally talk to Kayla about what is happeneing. I was completely unsure on how to break the news as to why she had to have an MRI. But she took it like a champ. I can't believe what great kids I have. God really blessed me in the children department!!!! Taylor is home for the walk tomorrow and I always feel better when we are all together!! So tomorrow should be a great day to celebrate our love for each other and supporting our Alli-baby!

You guys are the best!:D

14. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

I just got to this thread. I am so sorry, Judy :(. You have so much going on...it would be inhuman NOT to be overwhelmed!!!! I hope you will find youself support and help. You deserve to feel well!

15. BCmom

BCmom Approved members

HUGSSSSS!!!!!

I understand, I really really do.

Em is my youngest child.

My eldest was Dx with a sever peanut allergy at the age of 1.5. I was terrified. Food. A VERY common food could kill her!!!

My son was born visually impaired. He has no vision in one eye and partial vision in the other. I was initially told he would be blind.... terror! And he still could go blind because his eyes are prone to every eye disease out there.

Then Em, our "healthy" easy child came down with D. We have no D anywhere in the family, not even Type 2!!!!!!

At that point I told my DH we should never have met.:rolleyes:

But my 18 year old is amazing. An athlete, independent, reliable, no-nonsense kind of person. Her severe allergy has completely impacted her life. But it helped make her the person she is, too.

My 15 year old son, has adapted so well, most people are totally unaware that he is visually impaired. But he is very musically creative, athletic and yes it has helped shape who he is.

And Em, well it has been hell. But I could never imagined my little girl could handle all what she does. In the 6 months since Dx, she has become a much stronger, tougher person who is very grounded in what is really important in life.

I guess what I am trying to say is. NO ONE EVER WANTS ANYTHING TO GO WRONG FOR THEIR PRECIOUS BABIES. But when it does, we need to take care of ourselves (do as I say no as I do), and then care for them, and their difficulties will impact their lives but maybe it will impact it in a positive way as well.

Take care of yourself. Your children need you.

16. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I also just got to this thread. The others are right, Judy. You need to take care of yourself first so that you are able to take care of your wonderful family. My dr. had to remind me of this a few years ago and he was right.

17. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

In times when I know that I cannot take time to make an appt for myself I will ask the Dr seeing my child if they will prescribe something for me. I started Wellbutrin over the summer and I am so very glad I did! It does make the difference. I am not chipper and peppy all the time but I am not bawling over comercials or mispelled words anymore :)

18. Judy&Alli

Thank you everyone for your encouragement.

I DID make an appointment for Wednesday. After I got off the phone Scott asked who is that for, I said me. He said for what, I said I think I am depressed. He hugged me and I naturally started crying. LOL!

I haven't shared this with him because he has so much on his plate. He didn't say anything to me because he didn't want to upset me. LOL!! So anyway he is releived that I am going in. He is such a great guy!!! I married a gem!!!

19. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

See? It's a GOOD thing!

20. austin_calebs_mom

austin_calebs_mom Approved members

I just got to this thread and I just wanted to add in my hugs and good thoughts for your kids. I hope things turn out for the best. Take care of yourself!