- advertisement -

I-Port

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by somanybakers, Apr 24, 2008.

1. somanybakers

somanybakers Approved members

My son, who is on a "pump holiday", just started using this device yesterday. He really loves it so far. He didn't do his own injections before, and now with this device he does.

It is called an I-Port. Anyone ever use this?

2. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Someone posted about this the other day where his Iport was leaking. I thought it was the neatest thing for injections. however it came out when I saw it after we got the pump.

Did your insurance cover it? YOu said you were taking a break from the pump, my daughter would love a few days off of the pump..

3. somanybakers

somanybakers Approved members

We are taking 3 months off. In the past we have gone untethered on baseball game days. We would use the pump only for bolus' and Lantus for his basal. We asked for a prescription for Lantus while at our appointment for this reason. The endo suggested we take a full three months totally without the pump. She "read between the lines" and noticed that my son was really wanting to be off the pump for longer that a few hours. I knew that is what he wanted, but I hesitated to make such a big change. He is very happy with injections right now, with or without the IPort.

The biggest change to me is that I am back up checking sugars every night at 2am, instead of once or twice a week at that time.

4. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

It was nice when you actuallly could sleep through the night. But ya know it gives him a break from the pump and thats what he wanted. Good for you for letting him do that.

I just thought the Iport was the neatest thing when I saw it.

5. Sierra219

Sierra219 Approved members

I've used the IPort quite a bit. I'm currently using a Ping pump but like your son, I take breaks from the pump sometimes and always use the IPort. It makes it so much easier than having to get up the nerve to stab yourself.