- advertisement -

I miss my NPH

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by danismom79, Oct 23, 2009.

1. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

Especially on nights like last night, when we had Indian food for dinner. Extended boluses, temp basals, and any combination of the 2 don't quite cut it. I need that gradual build up of insuiln action that I got from NPH. It goes so well with Indian food (and Chinese). I suppose I could check every hour and give slightly increasing boluses, but what a pain - moreso for her than for me. NPH let me kind of "set it and forget it." I do like the pump, but I think I must be in a small minority of people who wouldn't mind going back to injections if we had to.

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

you could still do a shot of NPH when you have those sorts of foods. There's no reason why you can't have both. :)

3. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I thought about it briefly, but I couldn't bring myself to approach her with it. I do still have a stash in the fridge though.

4. LJM

LJM Approved members

I am hanging on to our bottle too. At least until it expires. It has a useful aspect that I miss with the pump.

5. wilf

wilf Approved members

I love my NPH

A lot of folks on here think we're crazy using NPH. But I agree with you - it has unique things it can do, once you get to know how it works. DD's still using it to cover her lunches at school.. :)