- advertisement -

I love the Omnipod pump!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ChocolateLover, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ChocolateLover

ChocolateLover Approved members

I love the Omnipod pump and the support we get through customer service.
    We had a failure of the control unit while out of town. Thankfully, we had NOT reacted too quickly and taken the pod off. Even though the control unit was not working anymore the pod was still delivering insulin. Also, glad I knew when the pod was going to expire.

(Wish there was a glow in the dark sharpie pen so I could notate on pod but it wouldn't be visible to "naked" eye. Maybe there is something like that with all the clubbing stamps. Being "so old" I don't know if those exist.)

My lesson learned: have pump setting somewhere stored electronically: phone, email and something. I had them on my home computer but that did not help me 500 miles away from home.

We did have a back-up meter and told ds that in that situation you can also go to corner drugstore in a pinch and get "generic" meter and strips.

Another school year has started. CJ's school has the same nurse as the previous two years. I really do appreciate her so much. She is like a "mother whisperer." She is calm and talks softly but doesn't condescend. She did tease me a bit this year.

Hope everyone is taking deep breaths with the shift of school routines.
    (You too homeschoolers...sometimes I miss those days.)

2. swellman

swellman Approved members

Glad to hear your good experiences and reminders.

Use the Co-Pilot software and print the settings report, page 3 - that has all your settings in it you really need. Print it out and fold it away or, if you have the software, print it to PDF and send it to your phone. I use the software PrimoPDF to print to PDF and send it to my iPhone and save it in iBooks.

Here is your source of invisible black light markers and UV lights.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  3. caspi

caspi Approved members

We are on vacation this week and this never occurred to me. We have them written down at home but as you said, that is of little use when on vacation. I took a minute this morning to write down the settings, just in case. Thanks!! :)