- advertisement -

I just had to wait

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by samheis, Sep 1, 2009.

1. samheis

samheis Approved members

Ugh. Yup-it's a vent. Today is Sam's endo appointment, so I'm getting everything together. He's on medicaid, and they mail us an ID form about a week before the following month. I always leave it sealed, and put it away until I need it-less chance to lose it I guess.
    So I opened what I thought was his ID form-nope, it's a case action statement. No reason stated, just that as of 09/01/09, he would no longer be eligible. CRUD! BTW-the letter is dated 08/19/09. So I get a weeks notice that they are dropping him, and no explanation....
    So I call one of the many numbers, get a confirmation-yup he's no longer eligible. Well, why is my daughter still eligible. 'I don't know, you'll need to call this number'. So I call that number, no answer, no voice mail. I call again....and again...and again.
    Now I'm shaking. Yes we are on medicaid, but do we deserve this treatment, this run around? Nothing has changed in our income-in fact we've added a person. I just don't understand! Grrrrrrrrr
    Ok, going to keep calling. Hubs is going to take off and run into the local office.
    Just needed to cry to people who understand. Definitely going to change my system though so I don't get a doozy of a surprise like this again.

**Edit 2** Just because I'm now furious and wondering if any one has heard of this?? The regional office told my husband that all children get kicked off medicaid when they turn 6 and have to reapply. HUH???? and double HUH??? So they give us a weeks notice, and 'Im sorry sir, that's just how it is'. I've gotta be missing some crucial information here....

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

oh Anita:( That is a horrible way to be treated! and of course you dont deserve to be treated that way. Computers are great IMO but they cant think for themselves. This sounds like some computer foul up that a human being that works for Medicaid needs to get their head out of their a**.....I mean the clouds and fix it for you so that you dont have to deal with this stress. We have enough dealing with our d kids. I hope this is all straightened out soon:cwds:

3. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm so sorry.:(

4. samheis

samheis Approved members

Well, no luck with our local office. Same message every time 'the operator is busy and there is no voice mail. Goodbye' click. Husband went up there, and they said it would be a 3 hour wait.

BUT-our endo department is pulling through. They said keep the appointment, and they would put a note on his file to let us through, that our medicaid is pending. Thanks tx children's and ms. chavez.

5. browneyesjt

browneyesjt Approved members

Oh my God! This just seems unfair! :eek: My kids are all on Medicaid in New Mexico and have never heard of this before. We have to reapply every year, but they are not taken off automatically once they turn 6.

Hope you get all this resolved. I know how frustrating this can. Hang in there and good luck....

Julia-mom to Andres (16), Joanna (12), Joel (6), Angelica (1), Javier (15, dx 11/05) and Angel (8, dx. 01/09). both on Lantus & Novolog, MDI

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

So sorry about this situation. No one deserves treatment like this no matter what their financial situation. My hubby was on medicaid and I do know that I had to reapply every year for him to stay covered. TG I no longer have to work with that lady at DHS. She was not very nice most of the time. Made me feel inferior because he had to me on medicaid. And I think the phones not being answered must be a universal problem!

7. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

oh geez...that's just WRONG! I'm so sorry they're doing this. Happy that your endo's office is helping out for now though. At least you get your visit though.

8. Andrew's Mom

Andrew's Mom Approved members

That is kinda the way it is here. My kids only qualify for Medicaid here until they are six then we switch to the CHIP plan very similar but with a higher cut off limit. Andrew has one more year until we have to put him on CHIP. Hopefully you will have it a straighten before your next appt.

Cathy

9. samheis

samheis Approved members

Thanks guys. Endo appointment was good.

Still no answers from Medicaid though, and I've left messages at about 4 different numbers :eek: Seems everyone keeps saying we need to talk to someone else.

What really bugs me is the last woman my husband talked to. She showed my renewal application being filed on July 15th-cause I take care of things on my end. Other than that, she couldn't help me any further.
    :confused::confused::confused:

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get this cleared up. The timing just really stunk today!

Thanks again for letting me blow off steam on here : )

10. cindyrn6617

cindyrn6617 Approved members

I hope you get this figured out soon. BTW, I work at a clinic that is part of our hospital. We actually have a Medicaid person in house and our patients can take care of Medicaid issues there without going to the main office. I wonder if Tx Children's has something like that. It may help on the wait time either getting the papers filed correctly or actually getting a person on the phone. Good luck...What a PITA!