- advertisement -

I just failed my gestational diabetes test

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by joy orz, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Hollyb

Hollyb Approved members

Try not to worry yet. The first test is a "screen" and picks up a lot of false positives:

"While 10 to 15 percent of expectant moms ?fail? the first test, only about two to four percent actually end up being diagnosed with gestational diabetes."

This is from an article running in my magazine this spring.

2. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

I wouldn't worry about it. Did they even do the one hour test yet? Seems strange they would automaticly jump to the 3 hour test. I am a labor doula and trained with CAPPA (childbirth and postpartum professional association) and I've read and heard a lot about gestational diabetes. Just eat a good balanced diet and enjoy your pregnancy ;) Even if you do delevope gestational diabetes its managable and doesn't mean that your baby will end up with any form od diabetes. ((((hugs))))) for you!

3. Toni

Toni Banned

I am very sorry. I know you will learn how to take care of yourself and your baby and you will get through this. I'm sure those knowledgeable can give you lots of good information.

4. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

Joy..Just wanted to say congratulations on the upcoming birth of your new baby..Did I miss the memo?? :) See what the 3 hr test brings....dont freak out...if you are going to have this for the pregnancy, at least it can be controlled and you will be watched closely..so thats a good thing right?? AND it goes away after the baby is born..I never had this but Im sure a lot of those who have will have tons of support to offer you too!! Hang in there...:) awwww a new baby!!!