- advertisement -

I hope this turns out to be nothing

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by sarahconnormom, Nov 24, 2008.

1. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

Connor has an endo appt Wednesday so we had his yearly labs drawn a couple of weeks ago. Since we are so far from the endo's office they let us get them drawn at our peds office and they will fax the results to the endo. I talked to the ped's nurse today and she said everything came back fine except the Celiac results. The ped said they are a bit off but he does not know enough about Celiac to make a judgement call on the results. I am anxious (and a bit worried) to see what the endo has to say Wednesday.

Connor has always dealt with GI issues anyway and we actually had a GI check-up appt scheduled Wed also but they called today to reschedule it. I really wish I could discuss this with him as well as the endo Wed.

2. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Hi Melinda don't panic yet. They won't officially diagnose without an endoscopy. Brittany's labs were elevated and we were sure she had it but when they did the endoscopy it came back negative. Hang in there the waiting and wondering is sooooooooooooo hard. Hugs and hoping for a negative result.

3. Kelly

Kelly Approved members

Anna was the opposite! Her bloods were fine, but the biopsy showed very flat villi and also confirmed coeliacs! Apparently it did not show in the blood as she was so young at diagnosis. The body will never cease to amaze me!

4. Kelly

Kelly Approved members

Melinda,
    I hope it turns out to be nothing, however just think... if it is ceoliacs and you look after it and exclude all gluten, his GI upsets will almost completely become a thing of the past. At least there will be an answer, it is manageable... and the food is improving so so much. In the past 2 years we have gone from hardly any variety to a full (well half an aisle) aisle at the supermarket of gluten free foods. All I am trying to say is it will serverely shake your world, but things will settle down and life will go on. I hope you get good news though. Thinking of you. :cwds: