- advertisement -

I haven't posted in a while...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CaitlynGrisham, Jan 26, 2014.

1. CaitlynGrisham

CaitlynGrisham Approved members

For those of you who may remember me, I just wanted to let you know that I found a doctor who listens to me. It turns out that I am allergic to human, pork, and bovine insulin. Someone finally believed me after two years, and it's a remarkable feeling.

I am working with the doctor who is the head of the Artificial Pancreas Project, which makes this an interesting experience, as well. Participating in studies and being able to actually talk to a doctor without being yelled at or being demeaned is so foreign to me, but I'm loving it.

My Diabetes turned 14 this year, and I am just so grateful to be here with an A1c of 6.

So, hello again. I'm back, and I'm still kicking.

2. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Glad you've found the right place ;-)

So what does that leave you with in terms of insulin?

3. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

I'm so happy to hear you finally have some answers! I hope your doctors are coming up with a manageable solution for you.

4. Lisa - Aidan's mom

Lisa - Aidan's mom Approved members

Glad you found some answers. Best of luck for the future and working out a plan!

5. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

Is manufactured insulin (Humalog, etc.) the same as those or different?

6. wilf

wilf Approved members

Being allergic to all insulins would make the D management tricky. How are you managing this?