All signs pointed to a bad site this morning. She rose from the 140's at 11:00pm to 250's this morning, despite a middle of the night correction by me. As is my "baby steps to independence" philosophy, I posed a couple options to my daughter this morning and let her decide - (a) change the site (clearly the right choice) (b) correction plus temp basal and watch the numbers (an OK choice, particulaly if she hadn't been rising slowly over 8 hours . . . but she had) Of course, she chose option B and headed off to school. I get a text at 9:50a.m. "changing my infusion set in the bathroom!!!! I don't feel good!!!!" :blue: I respond: "oh, you poor thing. If you need anything, please go to the nurse and we'll take it from there (she's nurse phobic) Do you have a ketone meter with you? You should test for ketones" She responds: "I fixed the problem. The old one's cannula somehow got through the hole in my tape. It wasn't in my body at all" Now, I have no idea if she's headed to the nurse to check for ketones or what (I doubt she has a ketone meter with her). Luckily she's never had ketones in the almost two years since diagnosis, so she's probably OK, but I'd rather know for sure. I'm going to text her for a BG update, but will probably not hear from her. I now just get to wait until I get the lunchtime text . . . I'm hoping that her short sighted decision of this morning will be a "learn by experience" moment and that she will more readily opt to change her site next time.