- advertisement -

I. hate. stress.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by AliciaM, Aug 28, 2013.

1. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

I had an ok day until I started getting my usual pains. I have endometriosis and its so hard to manage- probably having surgery for it..but thats not even where my stress begins.

So, I get home and have a text from our program manager saying she needs to talk to me about a few things.. No prob ..she brings up a few things I didn't know about some stuff around the gym (cheerleading) and then she throws me for a loop asking me about a so called "rumour" that I started! Which I didn't...:mad: so I was mad about unnecessary drama...go to check my bg and was late checking (3 hours after instead of 2) and lo and behold I'm high..surprised after the stupidity text I just got. Then I see I'm down to 2 strips so I turn towards my bedside table where my other vial of strips were last and it's not there..i searched EVERYWHERE ...couldn't find it...my pharmacy is not close to my house and I have bootcamp (outdoor personal training)..so it's almost 100 with the humidex I have 1 strip left and I am hoping and praying I don't go low!

Anyone remember that part in Bad Boys 2 *rub your ears and say WOOSA*....that's not helping :(

2. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Isn't it crazy how it all hits at once? I've never been able to figure out why. Some days I know it's going to be "one of those days" the minute I get out of bed.

Try to take some deep breaths and remember that things will calm down eventually. Wish I could be more help.

*hugs*

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

It is always good to aim to have a surplus of test strips. It would drive me crazy knowing I was even down to 7 test strips.

4. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

When I'm around 20 I go back and get more..But I just knew i had another vial of 50 somewhere but couldn't find it for the life of me! I went to the pharmacy and they had to give me one touch for my mini until my insurance will approve me to get the freestyle I usually use :( I've been high since 4:30 because of all this drama and stupidity I had to deal with and then not finding my strips just put me over the edge..sighhh

5. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

How high exactly? I would test for ketones if you are consistently over 250 or feel sick.

6. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

I didn't go over 200 I did feel kind of sick tho..i thought maybe it was from the heat..but maybe it was from being high!...I'm in target now finally..i'm at 6 mmol/108 mgdl so I'm happy. Next time I should prob test for ketones tho huh? I didn't even think of it cuz I was just so agitated and then I had to leave and go to bootcamp (took lots of breaks) and then go to the pharmacy to sort out the strip problem!

7. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Oh, I thought you might mean high like HI on the meter (so over 500). Personally I wouldn't worry about ketones until well over 200 for awhile. Honestly, I don't really consider anything under 200 high enough to worry about. I see numbers into the low 200s almost every day--- it is pretty normal with diabetes.

8. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

This^ and as harsh as it sounds, you're a grown-up, you need not to misplace something as vital as your last vial of test strips. Set up a box and keep them there - you just can't be out of strips... that's an ER visit in the making.

9. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

I think a lot of people will hesitate to admit it, but am sure for a lot of us there are times when a blood sugar of 200 is met with a feeling of relief.

10. AliciaM

AliciaM Approved members

no totally I definitely usually always leave them in the same spot. I actually have a whole D drawer in my dresser that doesn't have clothes in it..just all D stuff but I think in my haste to clean off my dresser I must have either misplaced the vial or thrown it out by accident. It's a mistake I never will make again. And no I wasn't HI on the meter just higher than I'd like just cuz i was so stressed out and I had a really bad headache from being mad and I get headaches too from being high so it just wasn't a good combination.