- advertisement -

I hate,hate,hate days like this

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by wearingtaci, Sep 2, 2014.

1. wearingtaci

wearingtaci Approved members

We've been battling lows for the past 24hours. It isn't the lows so much that bother me,it is the tiny glimmer of"maybe she doesn't have diabetes anymore"and then the realization that it isn't the case.
    Almost 2 years in and I still feel like this is a bad dream that I can wake up from

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

It's so hard, isn't it? I think I do it less than I used to, but I was in your shoes for a long time. My daughter's TDD are dropping bit by bit, but now instead of hoping that the disease is disappearing, I know that it's because she's growing less and puberty is letting up its intensity. There's such a grieving process with this that I wasn't really prepared for. I'm recognizing that just recently I'm in a different place than I was for so long. I can look at photos and enjoy the memories without sorting them into "pre-D" and "D", etc.

3. susanlindstrom16

susanlindstrom16 Approved members

I hear ya. We had several days of fighting lows last week, and even though I know better, it was hard to not start thinking...maybe diabetes is just over now....

4. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

I hear ya. I don't deny my son has the disease. My denial comes in the form of "there will be a fix soon and all will be ok".

It's a fun little habit of mine. Watch, it's easy ...

You know, by the time my son goes away to college, he'll simply have to give himself a shot once every couple days and that's it. No more hassle. Bada bing bada boom.

It feels good for a moment, but doesn't last. :cwds: